This is a fairly new release from the Villiger Company. I never really cared for their Export series or others I have tried from this Swiss line. My wife picked this up with a few other smokes for me as an Easter gift. It looked interesting so I decided to fire it up last night while BBQ'ing.

Size: Robusto (approx 5" L x 52 ring gauge)
Wrapper: Ecuador
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican

Very nicely constructed cigar packed (but not overpacked) with plenty of tobacco. The burn on this remained pretty straight throughout and the ash was a nice light gray in color. The burn and draw were exceptional. The only drawback here was the wrapper was extremely thin and split on me early on. By the time I finished the cigar, the wrapper had split in three places and I had to hold it in place to the binder as I smoked.

The first half of the cigar verged on full strength (I would say Med-Full) with a very nice spice to it. Shocking considering the Dominican "innards". As I entered the second half, the spice faded away into a more leathery flavor that was extremely creamy. This part of the cigar would fall more into the mild-med flavor profile. Body wise, definitely medium throughout.

This would make a great morning cigar and I was surprised overall at the experience this smoke provided. I would give this cigar a solid B rating, but would not spend the approx. $7-8 to get more.