Thread: Newb from Canada

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Welcome.

I've never heard of an all-Canadian based/only cigar board.

As craig said, if your primary intention is to come here just to sell your cigars, you're probably going to be run off of this forum in no time.

Thanks for asking first though because darn near everyone who I've ever seen sign up on any cigar board and his or her first post is selling their cigars (excluding retailers) meets with disaster.

In general, the membership of reputable cigar boards like to see a member become involved, build friendships and trust, etc. Once that happens, selling and/or trading cigars is something that some established members engage in.

Or, since no one knows you here, you could offer to send your cigars first which if you think about it, is extremely fair and there is esentially no risk to you whatsoever. If you were to sell your cigars to an established member here with a good reputation, receiving your payment is virtually guaranteed because if he stiffed you, the community would deal with him (or her) swiftly and with no mercy and your loss would probably be covered by the other members here.

Unfortunately, the fly-by-nights who join forums for the sole purpose of selling their cigars can't understand any of these concepts and it gets real ugly, real fast.

So, I guess the choice is yours if you'd like to sell cigars here:

1. Stick around, become active and contribute to the board and post a sale after being here for a few months.

OR

2. Offer your cigars for sale saying "I will ship my end first since I'm new here and no one knows me." With that condition, you certainly won't be run out of here on a rail but you may get a few members asking for some information about you like where you live, how long have you been smoking cigars, etc. You know, the naturally normal things that just about anyone who's the member of any club or organization would like to know about any stranger who just walked in the door.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-26-2009 at 11:34 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information