Thread: Lost lighter

Default Lost lighter

Well it finally happened. I've had the same lighter for years (almost a decade). Unfortunately it has gone AWOL on me and I'm in the market for a replacement. I'm looking for some suggestions, I'd like to keep the price under $75 and personally don't care for the el'cheapo brands. Something with some weight and durability to it. Thoughts?
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Blog Entries

Buy anything, and your other one will turn up

Serioulsy, I have 2 matco tool lighters. I can solder a pipe with them, and then turn around and lite my smoke.

Great lighters.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Since I've been putting my camping stuff back together, the next lighter I'm buying is:

I'm going with the Trekker version, 4 gram fuel capacity, over 1000 uses before refill
    sammis

I love my Blazer.

Only lighter I've had where the adjustment actually still adjusts. My Xikars have to be cranked to the highest all the time to have decent height on the flame, my Blazer is great.

Sturdy as hell, you can see how much butane is left in it, and nifty looking. Not elegant, but nifty.

http://www.uptownenterprises.com/Bla...09.aspx?AFID=1

That's the one I have, only in the red. Retails for $60, I got mine for $30 from a cigar shop that was closing out. Most reliable lighter I've had.
    America is all about tolerance. We love tolerance, we love the melting pot, and we hate intolerance...

Unless its directed towards a freakin' smoker.

Blog Entries

Perhaps a Zippo or similar, with an insert? I have a Vector Thunderbird soft-flame insert, and there's a torch insert available if you smoke outside.

Sounds like you want something like a Lotus, though.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Lotus all the way.

If you have ever seen the porche lighters you will easily see the very high quality craftsmanship that goes into them.

Lotus lighters are made by the same company. You can't find a lighter this good for this price.
    www.prohumidors.com - Premium Humidors and Cigar accessories.

Colibri Quantum Triplex , but ...... a little bit more expensive

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buy anything, and your other one will turn up

Serioulsy, I have 2 matco tool lighters. I can solder a pipe with them, and then turn around and lite my smoke.

Great lighters.

Will
    I'm looking to get a lighter, the matco tool lighters have peaked my interest and I was just wondering what specifically you were referring to... link or pictures

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gifters View Post
    I'm looking to get a lighter, the matco tool lighters have peaked my interest and I was just wondering what specifically you were referring to... link or pictures
    TURBO LITE MICRO TORCH

Now that I searched that.... some of the other torches on there look nice too. I bet this would do the job too

MICROTORCH W REFILL CARTRIDGE

Will
    Last edited by badwhale; 05-20-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: fix link
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

My lighter found its way home! Apparently it wandered off in a friends pocket and he was kind enough to return it today (the next time we saw each other).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FactoredReality View Post
    My lighter found its way home! Apparently it wandered off in a friends pocket and he was kind enough to return it today (the next time we saw each other).
    Great friend!

My gf is notorious for "borrowing" lighters. Once I bought a 10-pack of Bics and left them lying around. Within two months, they all disappeared. IIRC, six were found in her purse .
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Thread Information