Thread: To recharge or not recharge..that's the question.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default To recharge or not recharge..that's the question.

Alright, this may just be a newb being a newb, but bear with (yes I searched the forum and didn't find anything on page one - see newb being lazy newb).

I've had my humi 1/4 filled for the last few weeks and have had a good 67%Rh going (it's been using Heartfelt beads). Well I finally got enough smokes to fill it completely (thank HeftySmokes and the awesome newbie sampler), and now the Rh has dropped to about 55%. I figured that this was just a factor of the smokes pulling in some of the humidity and it would take a little while to get up to the 65 or so that I like to keep them at. However, it has been 4 days and they RH is still down.

So, should I recharge the beads or show I be a patient newb and relax? I don't want these great smokes to go stale.

Thanks for the help wise and learned forum brothers and sisters.

Blog Entries

You can spray them with distilled water and stir, repeat until about half of the beads are clear.

Should bring things back to normal for ya!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

If the majority of them are still clear, just wait. If that is not the case, do as BWA said.

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    If the majority of them are still clear, just wait. If that is not the case, do as BWA said.
    Well I none of them really appear clear. I assume they won't be as clear as glass but was thinking they would be opaque enough to see something in the middle or the other side.

Blog Entries

I believe the ends do come off. When they are wet, they are pretty much crystal clear.

The ends do come off - they are just plastic caps.

The dried beads look frosty - wet beads look fairly clear.

When it's time to recharge - spread the beads out on a paper towel, and spray them generously with distilled water (you'll hear them cracking on popping - and some may fracture). You can pick up a small sprayer at a local craft store for about a buck. Load them back up into the tube and close the end. Whallahhh!!!
    Last edited by ggiese; 04-27-2009 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    You can spray them with distilled water and stir, repeat until about half of the beads are clear.

Should bring things back to normal for ya!
    How do you stir them? It doesn't appear that the end caps are supposed to come off.

Oh, here's a picture.

Thread Information