Thread: Preserver cigar carrier - anyone tried one?

Default Preserver cigar carrier - anyone tried one?

Hey, havn't been around here for a while... really slowed down on the amount of smoking I was doing for a while... starting to smoke more again recently.

Anyways I've been looking for a way to carry a cigar or 2 with me when I'm out and about.

I found this thing searching around online, its called the "Preserver" it uses vacuum to keep cigars fresh. anyone used one of these before? does it work well?

Is a vacuum bad for our cigars?

heres a link to their site.

http://www.ideaon.biz/preserver.htm
    -=JStrider=-
    ~a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. -- Rudyard Kipling

~Clatto Verata Nicto

Quote Originally Posted by JStrider View Post
    Hey, havn't been around here for a while... really slowed down on the amount of smoking I was doing for a while... starting to smoke more again recently.

Anyways I've been looking for a way to carry a cigar or 2 with me when I'm out and about.

I found this thing searching around online, its called the "Preserver" it uses vacuum to keep cigars fresh. anyone used one of these before? does it work well?

Is a vacuum bad for our cigars?

heres a link to their site.

http://www.ideaon.biz/preserver.htm
    That looks pretty good to me unless removing the air reduces the humidity?

Also, if you have any beetles in there, it should suck their eyeballs out, causing cruel and painful death.

Blog Entries

Seems all gimmick to me. Cigars aren't like food, they don't spoil.

My first impression is that it's kind of gimmicky.

Blog Entries

Currently unavailable.
    We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Blog Entries

It looks like an ad you'd see on The Onion or older SNL stuff.

I don't know, what about putting the cigars in your shirt pocket? How long are you going to be away? I don't understand the "personal cigar carrier" accessory. If I'm going to a cigar bar for a drink or two, I carry the cigar in my hand into the bar. Always worked well for me. But I'm stubborn, and not very hip.

This discussion has come up several times recently, I'm sure a search would materialize something you can use.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Looks like a penis pump for your cigars -- not that I would know or anything...

I'm getting a page load error. Looks like the pump is broken already. Save your money.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    It looks like an ad you'd see on The Onion or older SNL stuff.

I don't know, what about putting the cigars in your shirt pocket? How long are you going to be away? I don't understand the "personal cigar carrier" accessory. If I'm going to a cigar bar for a drink or two, I carry the cigar in my hand into the bar. Always worked well for me. But I'm stubborn, and not very hip.

This discussion has come up several times recently, I'm sure a search would materialize something you can use.
    In Calgary, an exposed cigar's wrapper can start cracking with in the hour And if you don't smoke it for a few, or forget about it for the night, it's hooped.... I always keep mine covered
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    In Calgary, an exposed cigar's wrapper can start cracking with in the hour And if you don't smoke it for a few, or forget about it for the night, it's hooped.... I always keep mine covered
    DANG! even when I was out in lubbock tx it wasnt that bad! i guess its not as big of a deal now that I'm in houston.

a lot of times I'll bring 2 out with me and only one will get smoked... then I'll forget to put the unsmoked one back into the humidor till the morning. but I guess most of the time a little leather carry case or whatever would be just fine. if its gonna be a long enough trip that I gotta worry about humidity I usually bring a little travel tupperdor since I'll want more then 1 or 2.
    -=JStrider=-
    ~a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. -- Rudyard Kipling

~Clatto Verata Nicto

Thread Information