Thread: Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Masterpiece Maduro

Default Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Masterpiece Maduro

Brand: Arturo Fuente Hemingway
    Variety: Masterpiece Maduro
    Nationality: Dominican
    Ring Size : 52
    Length: 9.000"

Brand Description:

The premium line of the Fuente Family of fine cigars. Only the best aged Cameroon wrappers are used to produce these cigars. The Signature was introduced in 1983 and that was the only shape available until around 1988 when they introduced the Classic and the Masterpiece. About that same time Carlos Sr. wanted to develop something totally different, unseen in cigars. So they started plans for a very short cigar, which was only for their own personal use. That cigar became the Short Story. Today they make the entire line including a few very limited varieties including the Work of Art, Best Seller, and Untold Story. These cigars are extremely difficult to make so their production is very small. Carlos Sr. and Carlos Jr. accumulate the limited production of these cigars in the aging rooms and usually release them around the holidays, something special for their fellow cigar smokers to enjoy.

I bought a box of these back in 2006 and gave a few away but never smoked one until last night. The size of this thing alone was intimidating, and I just never thought of taking one out of the box. Last night we had some friends over and for some reason this just came to mind.

I'm not really a huge AF fan, but this was a nice cigar! Appearance is long and dark, almost black. Construction was excellent with no soft or hard spots along the entire length. Aroma cold was light and sweet.

The cap clipped off cleanly and the characteristic nipple on the foot lit up quickly without drawing using a single match. Once lit, the cigar burned straight and sharp the entire time. It never required a touch up. The draw was slightly firm right from the start, which is my preference, I was expecting it to loosen up once the foot burned up to the cigar's full diameter, but surprisingly, it didn't. The cigar was sweet and creamy right from the start and never turned harsh. It stayed pretty consistent throughout, which I thought surprising for a cigar this long.I smoked it down to about an inch before putting it down. If it wasn't so late I might have lit up another one.

This was the first one I smoked, so I don't know how consistent they will be, but if they all smoke like this one I'll be burning through the rest of these puppies pretty quickly.

I've enjoyed the AF's. This one looks like one I will want to try. Thanks for the review...
    Dan

Blog Entries

Nice review. How long did it take to smoke?

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Nice review. How long did it take to smoke?
    About 2 1/2 hours.

I have three of these from 06.

Thanks for the great review, I will have to find the time now!

Rich

Blog Entries

You've inspired me to light up my Hemingway Classic Maduro. At about an inch in, I'm having a very similar experience right now .
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

7. Default

I smoked on of these a few years back...It was really nice.

Thanks for the review Mark. I have one that you gifted me and have been waiting to find the right time to smoke it. That is a BIG mofo.

Thread Information