Thread: What to do in Berlin & London

Default What to do in Berlin & London

I'll be graduating college in two weeks and to celebrate, a few buddies and I will be flying to Europe. We'll be starting in Madrid (where I studied abroad a few years ago), spending a few days there visiting my old stomping grounds, then flying to London for a few days. From London we'll be flying to Berlin (again for a few days), back to Madrid, and then back home. None of us have ever been to London or Berlin, so I'm hoping I can get some suggestions here on places to visit, places to stay away from, good food spots/bars/etc. Any help? Thanks!

Anybody want to meet up for a smoke?

Anybody want any souvenirs?
    Last edited by JFellows; 05-08-2009 at 03:07 PM.

I can help out with London - but never been to Berlin before. What's your interests?
    "Celebrate Yourself!"

Anything interesting, really. Good bars are a plus though.

Well, the problem with London is any bar you hit is going to be ridiculously expensive... We're talking a pint getting close to £6-7. Camden is a real laid-back part of the city with some good bars, but it can get a little rough. There are some good bars around Old Street station off the Northern line, but I can't remember any names.

For other things, I would say the British Museum is a must - The Elgin marbles are there, plus loads of other things the Brits have looted over the years (plus it's free). Westminster Abbey is cool too, plus it's right next to houses of Parliment if you want the obligatory cheesy photo next to Big Ben. Don't waste your time to see the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace - it's worthless. Covent Gardens can be cool too for see some of the street performers. And if you're just wandering, stop by Picadilly Circus and try to find your way down to Trafalgar square. Those would be my recomendations, but if you want my opinion on anything else, feel free to ask - I think I've done just about everything there is to do in London...
    "Celebrate Yourself!"

Thanks! I really appreciate the help.

Thread Information