Thread: Father's Day Contest

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Father's Day Contest

I would like to run a contest for fathers day. My contest is simple. There will be two winners. The two winners are the people who pick the number closest to the number drawn in the Connecticut State Lottery's night time daily number for June 20 2009 . One winner is the person who picks the closest number without going over and the second winner is the person who picks closest to the number drawn going over. For example if the number drawn was 350 and someone pick 349 and another person pick 351 then they both would be winners.

Anyone that is a member of the cigar smokers board as of May 31 2009 can play. There is one guess per member. The contest will close June 19, 2009 at 12 midnight eastern time. If you are banned before the contest closes your guess will be deleted. The twist of this this contest is with your one guess you need to document a story honoring and or commemorating a person that was a father figure to you or someone you know. It could be a funny story or heartfelt or even a story about your own fatherhood. It could even be a poem or a song that helps tell your story. If writing really isn't your thing and you just want to do a shout out to a dad wishing him a Happy Fathers Day or thanking him for teaching you something thats fine too.

The prize for each winner is a subscription to Cigar Aficionado magazine. I may sneak a few other things with this prize but I will only promise the subscription to the magazine.

If anyone guesses the exact number drawn that will be considered to be winner 3 and the prize will be left up to me.

You need to be 18 years old or older to play.

I ran it by the boss and I am going to to change the eligibility of membership rule from 5-31-09 to 6-5-09. Anyone winning must get me their snail mail with in two weeks of winning.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by cinda; 06-06-2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: more on rules

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Thread Information