Thread: In a bad rut

Default In a bad rut

I'm in a bad rut and I'm looking for a few suggestions.

I've gone through a whole bunch of $5-$10 finding what I like what I don't like. Found a few winners and favorites. I didn't want to spend too much on something I knew very little about. Then I went on a hunt (mistakenly) to smoke $1-$5 cigars. What a mistake - I found one that might become a staple (fuma) but despite the prices I found no real winners. I've gone through one bad cigar after another the past few days and the last Quarum I had was the last straw.

I have a few fall backs that will get the taste out of my mouth. But I'm looking to go to the next tier. I'm looking for a better quality cigar. $10-$20. I like a medium bodied smoke that's not overly spicy. I like wood flavors and a white ash. In a few weeks I'll probably try the newbie sampler thread but I'm just not ready for that kind of commitment yet. I appreciate any suggestions.

How about some Jose Piedras Cazadores, about $75 for a pack of 25. Cuban.
    There's only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't!

Most Avo's fall in the category. Ashton's - I especially like the VSG's. Fuente Don Carlos...

Just a few suggestions...

Blog Entries

I second GGIESE, the VSG is a great smoke with some interesting flavors and little to no spice. The Fuente Hemingway line is very consistent and tasty. Have you tried Oliva? I am on a big Serie G kick right now. They are medium bodied and pretty reasonably priced.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Columbus/Canton, OH (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by denver24 View Post
    I second GGIESE, the VSG is a great smoke with some interesting flavors and little to no spice. The Fuente Hemingway line is very consistent and tasty. Have you tried Oliva? I am on a big Serie G kick right now. They are medium bodied and pretty reasonably priced.
    To add to this Oliva cigars are very good and very affordable as well. The Serie G, V, and O are all phenomenal smokes at around $5-$12 or so depending on the B&M you buy from.

Also as a side note Oliva makes a "bargain brand" cigar by the name of Flor de Oliva. These sticks are about $2 a piece but have come to be my all time favorite go to cigar. Medium body, solid construction, and smokes like it should be $10. Hope some of this helps you out!

Padron 1964 and 1926 maduro
    Diamond Crown maduro or Maximus
    La Aurora Preferidos

Thanks guys. I know they have Ashtons and Olivia at my local shop - so I think I'll take a detour to work and get some on the way.

Blog Entries

Try an Ashton Cabinet and a VSG. That will give you two different types of smokes from Ashton to try and both are tasty.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

I would suggest checking out a God of Fire. As they are quite tasty.
    Yay! Cigars!

Thread Information