Thread: Humidors and ministers and the way some cigar communities work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch View Post
    It's really simple. If you like the web site then go thank someone that's been active here over time that help shape it. If you don't like the site and hows things work then why are you here at all?

If you put enough of us on ignore you could have the site all to yourself.

DG
    I wanna be on the list too!

Well, clearly this is not a forum I care to post on - good day gentlemen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kaelaria View Post

If you would have even bothered looking at the name of this forum - "Cigarsmokers.com: A cigar smokers community and discussion forum." this would have never happened. You probably had a wait period before you were allowed to post. This was put in place, in part, to allow you time to familiarize yourself with this community; who we are, what the "vibe" is here, and how you think you best fit into this community. You obviously read nothing, and only care about pandering your own cigar smoking interests, pummeling us with unsolicited video review after video review. While you do engage in conversation in other threads, did you not find it odd that no one comments on your reviews? That's being nice. You can't expect to waltz in here and expect us to openly welcome everyone the way they expect to. You are joining a community.

And, as far as ignoring Ashauler, you might as well ignore us all. It looks like you're leaving anyway, but he's a longstanding member here, with much input and activity in the various activities of the board. You had the chance to learn about us, you probably still have the chance to participate (if you could pull your head from your ass for a moment), but instead you just attach your own agenda and force it upon us. We didn't bait you - you kept shoving yourself in front of our face, not taking the time to familiarize yourself with our community, as if you are doing us the favor.

Stop acting like a martyr. You brought this upon yourself.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Wow. And only 25 "cigar X review is up over on my site" posts later. craig opened this thread going way beyond the call of duty outlining some principles for you that are usually left for the newb to figure out for him or herself. And you thumb your nose at that and condescendingly start backing toward the door. And after offering a thinly disguised criticism of how this place is run. Sometimes I think "not getting it" is intentional; a manifestation of an ego that just cannot tolerate to be seen as anything less than perfect.

Where's that kalara ignore line?
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Good, I hope you have a good day somewhere else, too.

Rich

Blog Entries

Notice the tags on this thread?

Tags
    asshat, kaelaria
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Kinda reminds me of a guy I once saw at a local sandwich shop. He sets up a small amplifier, and begins to play his guitar. No one paid any attention to him - and it seemed to me the restaurant was unusually empty. I personally thought his music was quite annoying, but gave him props for at least trying. When it was clear that his tip jar was no fuller than when he came in, the guy pulled his amp and went on his way...

I often wondered if the guy realized he was truly not as gifted as he thought he was - or was it that he just kept plugging away in the hopes of picking up a dollar or two from people that felt sorry for him.

Either say - I did not see this guy playing at any kind of credible venue...

I dunno George...ICC seems to be eating him up.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    I dunno George...ICC seems to be eating him up.
    Yeah - and I betcha puff.com would eat him up too!!!

...so my other thought about the guitar playing guy was - why did he think that he was talented? Someone, somewhere, somehow must have encouraged him. Like - maybe he played in some of those clubs near downtown Chicago where one can occasionally pick up a whiff of marijuana smoke in the air. Perhaps there was an appreciation with a certain group of individuals, but not the main-stream?

I guess I appreciate good music in various forms, but I do not appreciate all forms of music. Maybe the guy was playing to the wrong audience???
    Last edited by ggiese; 05-08-2009 at 05:46 PM.

Thread Information