Thread: Where do you work?

Default Where do you work?

I know we have a wide variety of people on here. Post a picture of where you work. My office is in the back of the blue truck. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pictures.

Last edited by drew_goring; 05-08-2009 at 05:20 PM.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Look at my Avtar, that's where I work. Newfoundland is my sales area.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Blog Entries

I wish I had some cool work site to show you guys.

This is mine:

I'm the second one down. facing the rolled up part of the can. I'm a newbie, so I don't get a window office...yet.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    My office is in the back of the blue truck.

I could use your photo of the rig for where I've been working. Have spent a lot of time on these things doing inspections, investigations, observing and coaching crews, etc. Not now though. Lots of layoffs and fewer rigs running - my old company has I think 12 in the Permian Basin, down from around 75 last fall. Collapsed several outlying offices and now everything is in Midland. They offered to let me go roughneck - said they wanted to have me around if things picked back up. I declined - I'm in better shape now than I was in the late 80s, when I was working on rigs, but I didn't want someone else bumped to make room for me - makes for tension on a crew. And there were some office politics that I just didn't want to play. So, I'm doing lots of stuff at the house now!
    Last edited by basil; 05-08-2009 at 03:22 PM.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I could use your photo of the rig for where I've been working. Have spent a lot of time on these things doing inspections, investigations, observing and coaching crews, etc. Not now though. Lots of layoffs and fewer rigs running - my old company has I think 12 in the Permian Basin, down from around 75 last fall. Collapsed several outlying offices and now everything is in Midland. They offered to let me go roughneck - said they wanted to have me around if things picked back up. I declined - I'm in better shape now than I was in the late 80s, when I was working on rigs, but I didn't want someone else bumped to make room for me - makes for tension on a crew. And there were some office politics that I just didn't want to play. So, I'm doing lots of stuff at the house now!
    Yeah. Mainly cased hole. On that particular job we were running a casing corrosion analysis. In that province, Rigs are required to run one for every 30 days they drill to make sure they aren't eating away at their surface casing with the drillpipe. I don't mind it at all...it's gravy work. We are still busy up here in Northern Alberta/BC although a little slow now with breakup and road bans.

Normally I work with service rigs completing wells and running cement bond logs. But service rigs aren't nearly as purty.
    Last edited by drew_goring; 05-08-2009 at 03:41 PM.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

lol - I know that's right. Things are poppin' in western PA right now. I might get to go over there - on rotation. That'd be cool - it was 102 here yesterday
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

I always thought basil was a psychititrist....wow

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

This is where I "work" right now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 006.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	1027

And here's my "boss" checking in on things.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 004.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	1028

She's 19 months old and the best boss I've ever had. I'm almost regretting having to go back to work in the next few months.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

somewhere in there...

and also in peoples homes when they call 911 for strokes, heart attacks and in the streets for wrecks and other such stuff...LOL

10. Default

Last edited by kevin7; 05-08-2009 at 08:47 PM.
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Only picture I could find. I work in a chemical lab. I'd like to know how long it took them to get this lab clean, looks totally different now.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post

Only picture I could find. I work in a chemical lab. I'd like to know how long it took them to get this lab clean, looks totally different now.

You gonna grow another arm in there?

Almost lost my 3rd arm in there about 2 weeks ago. Very scary.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Almost lost my 3rd arm in there about 2 weeks ago. Very scary.
    Damn...I wondered where that scar on your forehead came from.

Blog Entries

This is me at "work", or at least it's what I get paid to do.

You swim and shoot birds with your M16? Just kidding, I can see that you're shooting at MIGs.
    Last edited by DeeDubya; 05-09-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Forgot to say - Hats off to the Military !!!

Blog Entries

Those MIGs are pesky little creatures. They leave droppings all over the place.

Officially my job site is known as a "Convoy Support Center". To me it's still an Army truckstop.

Think of the space port on Tatooine in Star Wars with Obi Wan and Luke, except there are trucks and no space vehicles.

Kris

Thread Information