Thread: Panacea Black Maduro

Blog Entries

Default Panacea Black Maduro

Robusto 5 X 50
    Filler: Cuban seed Seco, Ligero, Olor Dominicano, and Nicaraguan
    Binder: Dominican
    Wrapper: Brazilian Maduro

Got this smoke from a generous BOTL here, thank you sir!!

Appearance / construction: Very nice dark wrapper, some small veins present but nothing outrageous. Squeeze test reveals a uniform firmness with no soft spots detected. The bunch appears proper. Cold sniff is pure tobacco. Cap cut cleanly and the cold draw was more hearty tobacco flavor, and was just a bit on the loose side but totally acceptable.

Light / first third: Light was effortless and my initial impression is of deep, sweet, straight up tobacco flavor. The ash is medium gray and holds steady, with a clean snap at about the 1" mark.

2nd third: At about the mid point, the smoke settled right into the medium strength / medium body category for me. The flavor has remained consistent, but seems to have rounded out with the slight spice of the Brazilian wrapper mixing in.

3rd third: Same profile, perhaps a bit more intense with just a shade of bitterness creeping in. A quick purge and rest cleared the bitterness right up. I nubbed it down pretty good.

This is the only example of this cigar that I have smoked, however, with the experience that I had, an investment in a 5 pack of these for further exploration is certainly warranted.

Thanks again to the brother that provided me with this opportunity, much appreciated.

Blog Entries

Nice review Jamie. This one sounds interesting according to your description.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

My local introduced me to these when he first got them in and ran a special on em. I bought a box after the first one I smoked, I liked it soo much. My last 4 from that box have about a year on em and taste fantastic.
    Yay! Cigars!

First time I've heard of these, but I've got to say that I love the name. In many ways, a good cigar is my panacea...
    "Celebrate Yourself!"

nice review brother

Thread Information