Thread: Onyx Cigars

Default Onyx Cigars

Well, the other night I had an Onyx Vintage 1997, robusto. I have seen various reviews about them, but for me it was an awesome smoke (thanks heftysmoke).

That said, i'm noticing it is hard to find the Onyx Vintage 1997's, however, it is quite easy to find the Onyx Reserves. I'm wondering what, if any, difference there is between these two sticks. Both appear to be maduro wrapped, nicaraguan tabacco, box pressed. I'm planning on hitting up my local cigar place (actually 30 miles local) tomorrow, but was hoping for an idea prior to doing so since I'd like to order them soon.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. - Clarence Darrow

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Blog Entries

I've never smoked the Vintage but I do like the Reserves. They're a pretty darn good medium priced domestic, one of the few I actually like.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I haven't had the vintage 1997, but I really like the reserves. I have had some draw issues with the torbustos, but not enough to put me off them.
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

Thread Information