Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoking While Driving

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    How can you concentrate on a cigar while driving? Can't imagine for myself. Will you derive pleasure from it or just excercising the idea?
    Same for me. It would be more like "Driving while smoking". I like to devote full attention to either. But then I'm not a very good multi-tasker either. Each to his own.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
    Same for me. It would be more like "Driving while smoking". I like to devote full attention to either. But then I'm not a very good multi-tasker either. Each to his own.
    Kind of a ditto for me...I love to sit back and really take in a good cigar...really enjoy it. I hate driving trips so much that I would hate to waste a cigar on one. But then again...since I haven't tried it...I can't knock it I suppose! I am taking a road trip to a Cubbies game this summer with a buddy and his jeep...hmmmm...I could see a nice drive to Chicago with the soft top off and a nice stick or two (or more!) to pass the trip! I think I just might have to give it a shot!
    Every man dies. Not every man truly lives.
    ~Sir William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    To vent the car, I turn the fan on low with the flow going to the floor, and crack the passenger winder ~ 1" while the drivers window is closed. Both windows open or 1 down a lot is a recipe for dis-ash-ter. The Bride is always amazed how my car doesn't smell of cigar smoke, so it must work.
    Thanks for the venting tips. I used to always roll the driver window down an inch. Blowing ash everywhere. Now I just open the sun roof and crack the passenger window. It's starting to get hot out and I'm going to need come up with another plan. Like wait till where I'm going... but thanks for the advice.

i will smoke while driving, but i cannot get full enjoyment out of smoking while driving. Maybe if i wasn't in Dc, i could enjoy smoking while driving more, but in DC, I'm constantly dealing with sudden stops (esp. 80 mph to 15mph), people threading the needle from one lane to the other, and honking.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    i will smoke while driving, but i cannot get full enjoyment out of smoking while driving. Maybe if i wasn't in Dc, i could enjoy smoking while driving more, but in DC, I'm constantly dealing with sudden stops (esp. 80 mph to 15mph), people threading the needle from one lane to the other, and honking.
    be glad you don't drive a stick. Manual transmission + bad drivers + rush hour traffic, while smoking a cigar = yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTamborineMan View Post
    be glad you don't drive a stick. Manual transmission + bad drivers + rush hour traffic, while smoking a cigar = yikes.
    I do drive a stick, and you are right.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

I wouldn''t drive and smoke downtown DC or on the beltway for that matter. But I come from Delaware every day so I can usually sit back and enjoy a smoke and be done shortly after I pass the bay bridge. I wouldn't smoke anything pricey either. The finer smokes are for the camp fires/bbq's/or visiting friends. I'll usuall smoke some dog rockets I'm tring to get rid of or some cheaper every day smokes.

Indulge me here... This hs nothing to do with smoking while driving, but it's one of the funniest things that I ever saw.

When I had my flight school one of my instructors come in with his buddy and check out a plane. They said they were going to do some mountain flying and did all the required preflight checks for flying over the Rockies. They took off and came back about 45 minutes later literally covered in ashes on their hair, face and clothes.. Turns out that the instructor's buddy had his dad's ashes and wanted to scatter them over the Rockies. They slowed to about 90 Kts, opened the window and attempted to dump the ashes. We spent almost a whole day getting the old man out of the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by knightnorth View Post
    I wouldn''t drive and smoke downtown DC or on the beltway for that matter. But I come from Delaware every day so I can usually sit back and enjoy a smoke and be done shortly after I pass the bay bridge. I wouldn't smoke anything pricey either. The finer smokes are for the camp fires/bbq's/or visiting friends. I'll usuall smoke some dog rockets I'm tring to get rid of or some cheaper every day smokes.
    I do, but its not the relaxing experience that some of these other guys are having when they smoke and drive. Its more to help keep me mute.

You know, I've never smoked while driving. Of course, the fact that I live in an isolated northern Canadian town with less than 30 minutes of continuous gravel road might have something to do with it! I have smoked in an open speed boat, though...does that count?
    "Destiny, John, is a fickle bitch!"
    - Benjamin Linus

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Where the phuk have you been dude???
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Where the phuk have you been dude???
    Hah hah hah!! Hey Jim...how is it man? I've been here in Labrador and pretty much hibernating for the winter. I've been hanging out on CigarOutcast lately, and thought I'd check in on Cigarsmokers again. You on CO?

I finally got out for my first smoke last week, and now it's raining and the fog is thicker than shit in a jug! Oh well, them's the breaks when you live in NL, I guess. Anyways, enough of my thread jacking...good to see you again man!
    "Destiny, John, is a fickle bitch!"
    - Benjamin Linus

Thread Information