Thread: ITC 10th anniversary

Blog Entries

Default ITC 10th anniversary

Robusto

Ecuadoria sumatra wrapper
    Nicaraguan filler
    Couldn't find any info on the binder (didn't look all that hard though)

Smoked this one earlier today while puttering around in the garage, coffee and water were the beverages.

This is a nice looking stick, construction appears to be solid with no soft spots or huge veins. I like the look of the double bands.

Cut was uneventful and yeilded what was a little bit of a loose draw on the cold draw. No real taste to the cold draw other than tobacco.

Light was effortless and the burn remained straight through the duration of the stick. Flavor was medium, and frankly pretty uninteresting for the whole smoke. No evolution or change ups other than some harshness that creeped in during the final third. The ash was somewhat flaky and crumbled easily when ashed.

ETA: This was a mild/medium smoke for me....perhaps more to medium from the 1/2 way point on.

All in all this wasn't a bad stick, just not very interesting or flavorful. For the ~$6 price tag, there are many better smokes out there. I wouldn't turn this one down if given to me, but I doubt I'd purchase any more at that asking price......on a good buy these would make decent knock around smokes though.
    Last edited by ashauler; 05-17-2009 at 08:27 PM. Reason: to add

Thanks for the review Jamie, I've been curious about this one.

Thanks for the review...
    Dan

Thread Information