Thread: Budget Box Pass Contest #1 - entry open to all

Blog Entries

Default Budget Box Pass Contest #1 - done, thanks!

The theme of this contest is video. The contest has nothing to do with box passes .

The contest is open until the pass order is posted (hopefully this week). A fiver will be awarded to the winner after the pass is over, i.e., it'll be a while. Host's scoring arbitrary. Style points may be awarded. Editing entries up until contest close welcome. One entry per person.

***CONTEST CLOSED***

Mrtr33 - winner!
    EGQ - style award!

Awards to be posted at pass conclusion.

Questions plus answers:

1. According to his host, how many matches should Mott have used to light his first Cohiba?
    A: three The number is dumb. Not clipping and thus not testing/tasting the cold draw - meh. Not drawing air when lighting - the key point.

2. On Youtube, what is the favourite cigar of a political Florida retailer who has a history elsewhere in the online cigar community?
    A: Padron 40th http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIzKSRkBu7Y Kris Baso is entertaining, but he went political before the election, and hasn't really come back.

3. How many of his humidors does Doc show in his Stogiefresh Youtube videos on the subject? Did you count the humidors? If yes, why?
    A1: ______ many. i.e., "too many," "so many," "very many," "that many," etc. Or a number.
    A2: points for any answer (I didn't count them)
    A3: self-fulfilling prophesy

4. Which retailing icon uses his fingernails to break open a cigar during a lengthy video interview on Youtube? What country was the cigar from?
    A: Lew Rothman, Paraguay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGWGAoTYQCM I learned some things watching the entire interview.

5. Viddler hosts two cigar shows that feature young(er) and old(er) hosts. Name the two cities that the shows usually come from.
    A: St. Petersburg and Las Vegas - Tom and Ed, http://www.viddler.com/explore/tomscigars are at their best at St. Pete's Pipes and Cigars, and Justin and J.C. tour Las Vegas B&M's.

Sorry, the cigartv guy's voice just grates on me. It may be a good vidcast, but I can't watch it.

6. Tiebreaker question: Walt or Jerry?
    A: Jerry
    Last edited by craig; 05-28-2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Added answers
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

1. According to his host, how many matches should Mott have used to light his first Cohiba? La respuesta es, evidentemente, tres.

2. On Youtube, what is the favourite cigar of a political Florida retailer who has a history elsewhere in the online cigar community?

3. How many of his humidors does Doc show in his Stogiefresh Youtube videos on the subject? Did you count the humidors? If yes, why?

4. Which retailing icon uses his fingernails to break open a cigar during a lengthy video interview on Youtube? What country was the cigar from?

5. Viddler hosts two cigar shows that feature young(er) and old(er) hosts. Name the two cities that the shows usually come from.

6. Tiebreaker question: Walt or Jerry? Jerry
    Last edited by EGQ; 05-18-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Blog Entries

1. According to his host, how many matches should Mott have used to light his first Cohiba?

Three

This question, in addition to question 4, really have me stumped. Not being that familiar of other cigar communities, I wouldn't really even know where to start. I'm still doing some research today, but realize that today is also the due date for this contest, so I figured I would just guess, then if I come across something else, I'll edit the post, as allowed by the rules.

"Political" throws me off a bit. I would guess someone associated with the CRA. Reviewing the board members, and what little I know of where each of those retailers are, I am going to guess Rocky Patel's favorite cigar is the Olde World Reserve.

Paying careful attention to the wording of the first question: 16 Humidors. This is, of course, unless the Cigar Caddy he has offered humidification. He didn't say it did, but then again, he didn't say it didn't. The number above represents and assumes the Cigar Caddy isn't humidified, and therefore isn't counted. The tupperware, and three individual cigar cases aren't humidified, and shouldn't be counted as "humidors". He also mentions he has another LGC limited edition humidor, but because it isn't actually "shown" in the videos, this extra humidor was not counted in above number.

I did count the humidors. Why? Because I'm willing to sit through these videos to win this contest. A breakdown is listed below:

Video 1 (large cabinet humidor): 1 Cabinet
    Video 2 (limited edition humidors): mini-cabinet, 2 LGC (and one not pictured), 1 full of bundles, one special "best of" Habana selection with special bands
    Video 3 (travel humidors): Tupperware, Cigar Caddy, leather 2-cigar case, Xikar 3-cigar case, camacho 4-cigar case, some weird black box (with added foam), vangard humidors customized with "Team Stogie Fresh" logo, fuente fuente opus X limited edition, Road Warrior "You can throw it in the lake" !
    Video 4(desktop humidors): Daniel Marshall, lighter storage humidor, Don Carlos limited edition humidor (with Xikar polymer crystal humidifier), ellie bleu humidor from France with "worthless" analog hygrometer, stogie fresh limited edition humidor made by his friend vangard humidors in Canada (made of solid wood), JC Newman Cigar co. Anniversary Humidor (wooden chest / doors / sliding drawers)

He does tell us at the end of Video 4 that he has one more of these videos to do. One can only assume he meant one more humidor video.

I have watched so many YouTube interviews. Can't find the answer! And I've been sticking to "lengthy" interviews only - > 10 min. Several of them only interview for a minute or two, then lots of crappy filler.

Guess? I could see Sam Lecchia opening a Mexican cigar, somewhere. I don't know.

Las Vegas (Las VegASH) & Oradell, New Jersey (cigarTV.com)

6. Tiebreaker question: Walt or Jerry?

Absolutely, completely, without question or hesitation: Walt.
    Last edited by mrtr33; 05-22-2009 at 10:07 AM.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

For the record, Mrtr33 wins!

Style award to EGQ!

Awards will be announced in the pass thread at the end of the pass .

Congratulations!

("Correct" answers posted)
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Nice! Thanks for the contest, that was fun.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Congrats to the winners. I can not watch Youtube at work and I don't want to touch a computer at home.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

I meant to come back and update my answers -- I got through the last stogiefresh vid yesterday... Good times.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch View Post
    Congrats to the winners. I can not watch Youtube at work and I don't want to touch a computer at home.

DG
    Aren't you the IT guy at your work? Are there no ways to work around this inconvenience?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information