Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

Blog Entries

You have no idea how hipster he is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    Hopefully sometime in the coming year I will get a gun,
    Seriously? I worry about you already.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoopy View Post
    That would be great if you get a complete set up to start. All the little things you end up buying really add up to a small fortune.
    I talked to my bro last night (we got together and did some gaming online) and he's calling his dad today. The good news is, he has a single stage AND a progressive. Of course that means he's going to want more money for his stuff and it remains to be seen if I can afford it all.....

Oh, my bro lives in Saskatoon, SK (next province east of me) where we both grew up together. His dad lives out in Kelowna, BC (next province west of me) and it turns out all the equipment is at my bro's brother's house in Saskatoon. So, if I do work a deal, I can pick the stuff up at x'mas time when I go to visit my mom and friends there.

User Day Drunk, why are you not all over this thread. I know you have sold at least one of your testicles to complete a gun deal in the past. You are the type of enthusiast this thread was made for.

Hopefully sometime in the coming year I will get a gun, join in this conversation, and give you guys some total gun newb comments that you can have lots of fun with.
    ROFLMAO

Be nice to see you in here talking guns KB.....what are you thinking about buying?
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

If it don't work out don't give up, You can get a cheap single stage press and most of what you need for around $125.

I have 3 Lee presses on my bench now not counting the hand held and every one gets used.
    So don't be scared to get a cheap press thinking you will out grow it fast, you will still use it for different things while loading.
    Dedicated priming or seizing is what I use them for.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    If it don't work out don't give up, You can get a cheap single stage press and most of what you need for around $125.

I have 3 Lee presses on my bench now not counting the hand held and every one gets used.
    So don't be scared to get a cheap press thinking you will out grow it fast, you will still use it for different things while loading.
    Dedicated priming or seizing is what I use them for.
    I don't mind starting small and if I can't swing a deal with my bro's dad, I'll start looking into some used equipment on the online gun forums I hang out on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post

Be nice to see you in here talking guns KB.....what are you thinking about buying?
    I know nothing about guns except that I am for them, and the barrel should point away from you when the trigger is pulled. User Day Drunk is my neighbor and is an enthusiast. I have given him a hard time about a "sissy" gun that he recommended I get, but I probably will end up getting whatever he suggests, as long as I don't truly hate it.

7. Default

I know nothing about guns except that I am for them, and the barrel should point away from you when the trigger is pulled. User Day Drunk is my neighbor and is an enthusiast. I have given him a hard time about a "sissy" gun that he recommended I get, but I probably will end up getting whatever he suggests, as long as I don't truly hate it.
    The barrel should never be pointed an you or anyone else ever.

Jeff Coopers 4 rules
    1)all guns are always loaded
    2)never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy
    3)keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target
    4)be sure of your target

Not trying to be a safety nazi but follow these rules and you won't have an accident.

Blog Entries

The barrel should never be pointed an you or anyone else ever.

Jeff Coopers 4 rules
    1)all guns are always loaded
    2)never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy
    3)keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target
    4)be sure of your target

Not trying to be a safety nazi but follow these rules and you won't have an accident.
    Thanks man. I actually do have a very healthy respect. I joke a lot here, but I promise you I will be careful with my gun. I pinky swear.

Well, if you were my neighbour, we'd start you small with a .22

.22's are less expensive to feed than anything else and due to low recoil, they're excellent to learn on. I have a nice Ruger 10/22 semi automatic carbine that's extremely accurate and a lot of fun to shoot. I also own a Ruger Mark III Hunter handgun that is also, semi automatic and highly accurate. Both would be the perfect introduction to shooting. I've taken many people out for their first time over the years and always start them with the .22's By the end of the range session, they're often shooting my high power rifles and my .45 acp pistol.

I'd also recommend taking a firearm safety course too, just cause!

Have fun!

Oh, checked with my bro, he talked to his dad. It turns out his dad took his reloading stuff back home to BC on his last vist and gave it to his neighbour..........yeah, I'm crying right now.......he freaking gave it away

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Well, if you were my neighbour, we'd start you small with a .22

.22's are less expensive to feed than anything else and due to low recoil, they're excellent to learn on. I have a nice Ruger 10/22 semi automatic carbine that's extremely accurate and a lot of fun to shoot. I also own a Ruger Mark III Hunter handgun that is also, semi automatic and highly accurate. Both would be the perfect introduction to shooting. I've taken many people out for their first time over the years and always start them with the .22's By the end of the range session, they're often shooting my high power rifles and my .45 acp pistol.

I'd also recommend taking a firearm safety course too, just cause!

Have fun!

Oh, checked with my bro, he talked to his dad. It turns out his dad took his reloading stuff back home to BC on his last vist and gave it to his neighbour..........yeah, I'm crying right now.......he freaking gave it away

Well then its time to start collecting your own reloading supply's.
    Lee Kit on sale right now. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/121...tage-press-kit its out of stock but backorder is fine.

I really like the off press priming for this set up to simplify learning.

Replace the scale right away with a cheap digital one like this.http://www.midwayusa.com/product/175...grain-capacity If not make shure it dose grains not grams.

Pick a Die set you want and a case gauge for trimming brass to the right length.

For right at $180 you have a set up that will work.
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 12-21-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Well then its time to start collecting your own reloading supply's.
    Lee Kit on sale right now. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/121...tage-press-kit its out of stock but backorder is fine.

I really like the off press priming for this set up to simplify learning.

Replace the scale right away with a cheap digital one like this.http://www.midwayusa.com/product/175...grain-capacity If not make shure it dose grains not grams.

Pick a Die set you want and a case gauge for trimming brass to the right length.

For right at $180 you have a set up that will work.
    Damn!

That's a great price. I'm not sure if they ship to Canada or not and also, I'm not sure if I can have reloading equipment shipped across the border or not. I think I'll be checking into both.....lol.

My favorite gun shop in Edmonton offers a beginners reloading course. I'm going to check into it come spring. I have to get them to do a bit of work on my 1911 anyway so maybe I can kill two birds with one stone some Saturday.

Thank you Stoopy you made damn sure I would be busy for the next few weekends didn't you.

13. Default

Thank you Stoopy you made damn sure I would be busy for the next few weekends didn't you.
    After I sent the brass off I went thru and separated all my brass. I didn't realize how much brass I have accumulated. I started tumbling brass and I think I need a bigger tumbler.

[QUOTE=kingbeefy;193828]User Day Drunk, why are you not all over this thread. I know you have sold at least one of your testicles to complete a gun deal in the past. You are the type of enthusiast this thread was made for.

Now that I have the gun I traded it for I am trying to get the gang back together, it's been tough!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'll have the Milk steak and Jelly Beans
    -Charlie

So I had a surprise gift from my mom for x'mas that she gave me while there. She gave each of us kids $2000.00 Being the gent I am, I split it with my better half and went to Cabela's with my $1000

Now, I've been planning on building a long range rifle and I planned on using the Remington 700 as a basis so I started researching them. I narrowed my choices down to two. The SPS Tactical or the VTR. I popped in to Cabela's and they had the VTR in .308 and, it was on for $689 (regular $789). It goes without saying, I grabbed it while I was there.

Remington 700 one day ill find one at the right price.

17. Default

700 is a great platform for a long range rifle. What scope are you going to put on it?

700 is a great platform for a long range rifle. What scope are you going to put on it?
    I'm going to take the Swarovski Z5 3,5-18x44 off of my hunting rifle and mount it on the VTR. Then I'll take the Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 off my spare and put it on the main hunting rifle. I ordered a scope mounting kit (Wheeler) this morning and I'm now researching which rail and rings I want to use on it.

Remington 700 one day ill find one at the right price.
    I got lucky. I just happened to walk into Cabela's when it was $100 off for the gun new. If you're not adverse to buying a used gun, check out Gunbroker.com
    Last edited by CptnBlues63; 01-05-2014 at 10:35 AM. Reason: typo

Damn it I did it again.
    I stopped by the Gun shop on the way home and found a little 380 I really like the way it felt in hand.
    Bersa 380 it is a copy of a PPK is why it felt good in hand and the price was not bad so I put it on layaway so the wife will not know till next month.

I am back on gun restriction next month that's for sure.

I did pick up the primers that I went for but I just cant go in the Gun shop with out something following me home.
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 01-07-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Damn it I did it again.
    I stopped by the Gun shop on the way home and found a little 380 I really like the way it felt in hand.
    Bersa 380 it is a copy of a PPK is why it felt good in hand and the price was not bad so I put it on layaway so the wife will not know till next month.

I am back on gun restriction next month that's for sure.

I did pick up the primers that I went for but I just cant go in the Gun shop with out something following me home.

I think I have that very same problem!

I went to another gun shop in Saskatoon while I was there and almost bought a Trijicon scope.........I'm glad I didn't but damn, it was a close thing!

Thread Information