Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

How are the AR pistols to shoot? I always thought they wouldn't be that nice. I updated my AR yesterday. Put a Primary Arms 4-14x and a harris bipod on it. I decided the extra weith from the piston system didn't make it a very good short range rifle, so I'm going for longer ranges now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    How are the AR pistols to shoot? I always thought they wouldn't be that nice. I updated my AR yesterday. Put a Primary Arms 4-14x and a harris bipod on it. I decided the extra weith from the piston system didn't make it a very good short range rifle, so I'm going for longer ranges now.
    Well all i can tell you is its hard as hell to wipe the grin off my face when im shooting it.
    It has some drawbacks, think of your AR going off 8 inches in front of your face its loud as @#$* and you get some blowback from the charging handle area. They also run dirty i think it has to do with the pistol gas tube and over pressure.

If you are thinking of building one then do it in 300AAC and have your mind set on 100 yard shots, it is fairly accurate at 100 for such a short weapon and will be ok at 300 yards but anything over that i would not even try to hit.

Mine is not scoped it now has a cheap red dot that i wanted to test out and see if it would work for me and my bifocals and it works great.
    If things work out this year this $500 toy will be a $5000 toy i am thinking suppressed and thermal that is what i had in mind when i built it just need the $ and a tax stamp to finish it.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

Just got back from picking up my new toy. Now I just need to get some powder, balls, and caps

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    Now that's an AR I could get behind. Very nice build.

5. Default

Look for wolf match .22 ammo. It usually shoots well out of most .22's

Blog Entries

HAHA Have fun with your gophers CPT!

My scope came in today, just waiting on the rings. In other gun related news, I think I have a problem.

Picked up a Ruger (new model) Blackhawk in .357mag today. I've been wanting a .357 for a while now and found this one for sale locally. Guy got it from his grandpa who had tried to have some parts of it chrome plated. The plating is now starting to crack off. The metal under it is good though and for $300 it'll be a great shooter. After selling my Citadel last weekend, I still came out in the black.

Eville i don't see a problem.
    Only problem i see is maybe you are running out of room to store all the new toys.

$300 is a darn good deal, I'm jealous..........lol!

I'd love to find a deal like that myself.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Ok ill admit it i have a problem also so Eville its contagious.
    Today a Kel Tec P-11 followed me home.

10. Default

I store all my ammo under my reloading bench in ammo cans. I also have a milk crate full of lead for casting bullets that takes 2 grown men an a boy to move. You don't think about how heavy it's going to be until you have it full and try to move it.

I decided to stick with 50 cal cans lot easier to move around.

Now the wife wants me to build her a 9 mm AR pistol or i don't get my 300 black out pistol back she adopted.

This will be a interesting build she wants it painted OD green with Cat paw prints in black, green laser, holographic red and green dot with popup back up sights so they are out of her way.
    She loves the pistol builds but will not hold them near/touching her face so the laser is a must along with the red/green sight, the popups are for me when i get to shot it.

Well at least she gave me till Xmas to build it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    I decided to stick with 50 cal cans lot easier to move around.

Now the wife wants me to build her a 9 mm AR pistol or i don't get my 300 black out pistol back she adopted.

This will be a interesting build she wants it painted OD green with Cat paw prints in black, green laser, holographic red and green dot with popup back up sights so they are out of her way.
    She loves the pistol builds but will not hold them near/touching her face so the laser is a must along with the red/green sight, the popups are for me when i get to shot it.

Well at least she gave me till Xmas to build it.

Sounds like a good deal to me....and, should leave room open for you to make more purchases in the future..............LOL.

Definitely want to see some pics of the build when you're done!

Picked up the lower,1 magazine, laser, holographic sight and pop up back up sights so far.
    $40 a mag is pricey.
    I am waiting to see if they put the 9 mm pistol build kit on sale again before i get the last parts.

So far i am only $200 in to the $700 budget for this build

After i complete it i get this toy back.
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 09-12-2015 at 02:17 PM.

Picked up the lower,1 magazine, laser, holographic sight and pop up back up sights so far.
    $40 a mag is pricey.
    I am waiting to see if they put the 9 mm pistol build kit on sale again before i get the last parts.

So far i am only $200 in to the $700 budget for this build

After i complete it i get this toy back.
    Nice!

Is that a 1911 I see holstered on your desk?

Hang that baby on a plaque above the mantel!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post
    Hang that baby on a plaque above the mantel!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Not happening i do not have a gun i will not shoot.

After the hurricane people are needing cash and selling what they can, i ended up having to give the rest of my emergency cash to my 74 year old father to get trees off his house so he would not try to cut them him self.
    Now i have to pass on any gun deals i find till the banks resupply.

So my wife saw this and sent it to me. I confess, I may have had a small gun/cigargasm when I saw it..............

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gun safe and cigar humidor.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	4069

I want one! LOL

So my annual hunt was successful. At least, the bull moose portion of it was. It was way too warm and soft. We couldn't go into any fields or oil rigs and were limited to the roads only. First time in my life I ever offroaded.........on the roads!!!! All in all, we were able to access about 80% of the places we normally can go.

The only antlerless mule deer I saw was in a buffalo paddock so I couldn't shoot her. I did see around 10 anterled mule deer but didn't get drawn even though I put in for it. As for elk, I only saw the one and he wasn't a legal bull and was also in the buffalo paddock with the antlerless mulie.

All in all, I still had a fantastic trip and after several days of seeing bulls where I couldn't shoot them, this guy and his twin brother made an appearance where I could take him. A little over 200 yards and I took his right shoulder apart and got both lungs. Needless to say, he didn't go far and as you can tell from the pic, he ended up in water. He's no monster and that rack is well, pretty pathetic to be completely honest.........lol...........but at 3 to 4 years old, he's VERY tasty and yielded about 300 pounds of meat after we were done butchering him.

I'm back at home now and hunting locally for whitetails. I have a "general" tag that can only be used for bucks now (Nov 1 to the 7th can be used for either sex....ergo the "general" specification) and two supplemental anterless whittail tags. I took this afternoon off to put the cap back on the 1/2 ton and my wife's wheelchair lift back in. The headache rack with the 2500 lb quad winch isn't needed for deer and I really wanted to get the cap back on before the snow flies so I did that today while I had help from my hunting partner. I kept the ramp in (6' x 40" x 3/4" treated plywood) because that is necessary for pulling a deer in. I also got the hunting trailer back in my backyard and am sitting in it now smoking a cigar! I also took tomorrow off and will be heading out in the morning to see if I can find that big buck that's been eluding me for 2 years. If anybody is interested, the wife and I have a website I post all my hunting/fishing pic's on. Just let me know if you want to see it and I'll send you the URL and password.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CptnBlues63; 11-17-2016 at 05:06 PM.

I was never one to trophy hunt so to me that looks like a nice kill and plenty of eats.

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post

So my annual hunt was successful. At least, the bull moose portion of it was. It was way too warm and soft. We couldn't go into any fields or oil rigs and were limited to the roads only. First time in my life I ever offroaded.........on the roads!!!! All in all, we were able to access about 80% of the places we normally can go.

The only antlerless mule deer I saw was in a buffalo paddock so I couldn't shoot her. I did see around 10 anterled mule deer but didn't get drawn even though I put in for it. As for elk, I only saw the one and he wasn't a legal bull and was also in the buffalo paddock with the antlerless mulie.

All in all, I still had a fantastic trip and after several days of seeing bulls where I couldn't shoot them, this guy and his twin brother made an appearance where I could take him. A little over 200 yards and I took his right shoulder apart and got both lungs. Needless to say, he didn't go far and as you can tell from the pic, he ended up in water. He's no monster and that rack is well, pretty pathetic to be completely honest.........lol...........but at 3 to 4 years old, he's VERY tasty and yielded about 300 pounds of meat after we were done butchering him.

I'm back at home now and hunting locally for whitetails. I have a "general" tag that can only be used for bucks now (Nov 1 to the 7th can be used for either sex....ergo the "general" specification) and two supplemental anterless whittail tags. I took this afternoon off to put the cap back on the 1/2 ton and my wife's wheelchair lift back in. The headache rack with the 2500 lb quad winch isn't needed for deer and I really wanted to get the cap back on before the snow flies so I did that today while I had help from my hunting partner. I kept the ramp in (6' x 40" x 3/4" treated plywood) because that is necessary for pulling a deer in. I also got the hunting trailer back in my backyard and am sitting in it now smoking a cigar! I also took tomorrow off and will be heading out in the morning to see if I can find that big buck that's been eluding me for 2 years. If anybody is interested, the wife and I have a website I post all my hunting/fishing pic's on. Just let me know if you want to see it and I'll send you the URL and password.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was never one to trophy hunt so to me that looks like a nice kill and plenty of eats.
    Me either. I hunt for meat and if it happens to have a nice rack, I'll put it on the wall. Mostly I'm concerned about putting meat in the freezer so I'm very happy with this tasty young bull

Thread Information