Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
I meant to ask you earlier about your 1911 but forgot. I had feed issues with my 1911 similar to what you describe above. When it happened, I would just pull the slide back a fraction and the round would feed. My 1911 is a Para Ordnance GI Expert. If you have the same handgun, contact Para Ordnance. I did and they had me send it in for warranty work. The extractor was replaced and something with the firing pin assembly (I forget what now, this was like, last April). The gun works perfectly now.

FWIW, I only had the feed issues with factory "ball" ammo. I buy a lot of reloaded ammo that uses semi wad cutter leads and those fed perfectly. Since the repair, I bought 500 rounds of ball reloads and haven't had a single feed issues.
Mine is a Citadel 3.5" model. I've fired all kinds of rounds through without any problems until that day with Wolf steel case. With the problems the rest of the guns were having, I'm betting it was a mix of weather and not enough lubrication. I guess I'l just have to get back out to the range to verify that.