Nah, not using black powder, just regular .45 Colt ammo. I think I found the issue during my latest range trip. I still ran into the chamber cycling issue, even after a real good cleaning. I noticed this time, fresh ammo from the box cycled fine; for two or three shots before the chamber would not cycle. I had a few rounds from the last range session that didn't cycle then and didn't cycle this time. Then I tried single shots from different chambers, fresh ammo worked and ones I already had chambered previously did not cycle. Hmmmm.......I then tried firing single shots of fresh ammo again, this time leaving the empty shell in the chamber and just loading another new shell in the next chamber.....no issues. I fired about ten shells this way and all fired with out a hitch. I then tried another shell that was previously chambered and it would not cycle again. So I started to look at the ammo, comparing a fresh shell from the box to one that would not cycle. Its barely noticeable, but it looks like the bullet on the shell that was chambered and would not cycle, was just slightly ever so pulled from the casing. So there appears to be the tiniest gap between the casing mouth and where bullet was previously seated compared to a fresh shell, thus causing the bullet to be too long to cycle.

So I'll have to try a different brand and see if I can find one that uses a roll crimp. At least until I get my reloads ready for use.