Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    Yeah, my dad owns a Ruger Mark II and it is a nice gun. I bought that loading device for him that you mentioned earlier in the year. I've got my eye on a Chiappa .22 LR/Magnum single-action revolver. I have been thinking about getting a .22 for a while now and like the idea of the Cowboy gun. So for the price, I getting ready to buy it.
    LOL - So I also have a Ruger Super Single combo .22/.22 magnum handgun. I too have always liked the single action revolvers and when I had a chance to, bought this one. I even found a guy that custom made a holster for it for around $250 (CDN) which I'm VERY pleased with. I'm no quick draw artist but it's definitely a fun gun. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours lots! :)
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Picked up SIG P320C for the wife.
    She has a thing for SIG's i think she saw them on tv or something.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Picked up a Remington 1911 R1 carry commander last night.

I must say i am impressed with the smaller 1911 normally i like full sized 1911's but this one just feels right.
    Price was good due to a dead front tritium sight that i do not care about anyway, i always found the night sights a distraction when shooting at night "they keep me fixated on the sights and not my target".

Now that i have at least 2 of every caliber i shoot it is time to start looking at 308's or a 50BMG
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Picked up a Remington 1911 R1 carry commander last night.

I must say i am impressed with the smaller 1911 normally i like full sized 1911's but this one just feels right.
    Price was good due to a dead front tritium sight that i do not care about anyway, i always found the night sights a distraction when shooting at night "they keep me fixated on the sights and not my target".

Now that i have at least 2 of every caliber i shoot it is time to start looking at 308's or a 50BMG
    I do love my .308 I put a cow elk down with it a week or so back and she was 450 yards away when I did it. I've always wanted to shoot a 50 cal and hope to get a chance this summer. As for owning one, no thanks.........I know what that ammo costs...........lol
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

I bought my first AR last night, Sig M400 VTAC Edition w/Sig Romeo 4H scope. I got it as a bundle deal and thought it was a pretty darn good one. My brother picked up a S&W 500 on Black Friday!
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

If I ever bought a gun, I can almost guarantee you I'd hurt myself with it so I just watch from the sidelines.

I don't drive/ride motorcycles, ski or skydive for the same reasons.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Anyone see The Dark Tower? I kinda fell in love with that 1858 Remington New Army. So I bought myself a Taylor & CO. 8" 1858 Remington New Army Conversion in .45 Colt. It is my first replica gun and I have to say, it is nice! I picked it up a few weeks back and had a go at the range with it. I need a lot more range time with it to get used to the single action trigger and reloading process.
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    If I ever bought a gun, I can almost guarantee you I'd hurt myself with it so I just watch from the sidelines.

I don't drive/ride motorcycles, ski or skydive for the same reasons.
    Motorcycles are harmless....as long as they're at least 30 years old...
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information