Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone see The Dark Tower? I kinda fell in love with that 1858 Remington New Army. So I bought myself a Taylor & CO. 8" 1858 Remington New Army Conversion in .45 Colt. It is my first replica gun and I have to say, it is nice! I picked it up a few weeks back and had a go at the range with it. I need a lot more range time with it to get used to the single action trigger and reloading process.
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    Anyone see The Dark Tower? I kinda fell in love with that 1858 Remington New Army. So I bought myself a Taylor & CO. 8" 1858 Remington New Army Conversion in .45 Colt. It is my first replica gun and I have to say, it is nice! I picked it up a few weeks back and had a go at the range with it. I need a lot more range time with it to get used to the single action trigger and reloading process.
    Great books and a good movie. Judging by the response to the movie we may not see any more though.

I did roll my eyes when it tossed cartridges in the air and swept them into the chamber....all six at once. I remember reading in the book how he was made to practice reloading as a kid until he could do it smooth and fast. Would have preferred to see that then the fantastical bullshit reload they showed in the movie *sigh*

I've always liked the look of the Remington single actions. Maybe even more so than the standard Colt

I've shot a few single action revolvers in the past before buying my .22 and always enjoyed the heck out of it. I'm holding out for a Ruger with the convertible .45 LC/.45 ACP cylinders. I already own a 1911 and would prefer to not have to add any more calibers to the list of shells I have to buy. I've been keeping my eye out for a used one in good condition.

I think my all time favorite single action would be the S&W Model 3 (aka Russian or Schofield)
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information