So my little brother is a cop. He recently made the tactical squad. This means he gets some new toys. Specifically, an HK MP5 and a (Canada) Colt 5.56 rifle. Both are full auto of course. The MP5 is the "old" issue and they're moving to the "new" 5.56 rifle. Because the HK MP5 is 9mm, they also use SIG 9mm sidearms. The standard issue for their police "service" is a Glock 22 in .40

My brother did the sniper training a few months back and recently got issued his sniper rifle which he picked and accessorised himself. All I know for sure at this point is, it's a .308 and it has high-end optics.

Near the big city he lives (and works) in is a range that has rifle targets at 100, 200, and on out to 700 yards. My local range only has 100 and 200. So, I was going to go to the city (it's about an hour and a half drive from where I live) and bring my hunting rifles (also .308's) and go to that range with him so I could check out the mildot's on my scope and do test fires all the way out to 700 yards so that if opportunity presents in the fall, I can shoot accurately/comfortably, out to 700 yards. It's worth noting that I have a ballistics chart, from the manufacturer, for the ammo I hunt with and can, and have, made accurate shots out to 500 yards in the past. It's 600 and 700 I most want to get some range time on.

However, the range is doing some construction and the rifle side is only open for 100, 200, and 300 yards. Bummer! It's not worth it for me to go there if it's only open to 300 yards. My .308 is sited in dead on at 250 yards. Which means my holdover at 300 is about 2 inches.......lol.........and doesn't help me figure out exact ranges for the mildots. We decided on him coming here and us going to my range.

He can't bring the full auto's, or the squads .50 cal sniper rifle up here (he'll take me to the range with him in the city later in the summer to shoot all of those)........but he is bringing both handguns and his sniper rifle and a large quantity of ammo for all the above!

I of course will be bringing my 1911A .45 acp and my Ruger Mark III Hunter .22 as well as my two .308 hunting rifles.

I only have one thing to say to that and it is: WOOHOO

LOL

After the range, we'll sit and relax over a nice cigar........................