Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
It is a shame they rushed through the Dark Tower. I did not read the books, but can tell there was like a metric shit ton of stuff they only hinted at. It could have been so much better I think, if they just followed up on a few of the threads they hinted at. The plot was very simple and straight forward. See bad guy, fight bad guy; that is it. Nothing more really. I did enjoy it though.

Anyways, I took my New Army to range again on Saturday. This trip had some issues; after about 18 shots, the barrel would not cycle properly. I think it needs to be cleaned after every outing; so I'm gona clean it up real good and try again in..........maybe three or four weeks.
If you like King you should read the Gunslinger series. It's his magnum opus and touches on pretty much almost everything else he's written (for example, the man in black first appeared as the bad guy in "The Stand"). I know I thoroughly enjoyed the gunslinger series so you might too.

If you're running black powder you for sure have to clean them regularly. I would agree after every use. Black powder is a lot "dirtier" and it's also more corrosive than modern smokeless powders. It leaves a lot more crap in your firearm than modern powders ever could.

I'm not a huge fan of cleaning my guns after every single use, you don't really have to. If I know I'm going to use them several times over the next month say, I'll only clean them after several uses. With my hunting rifles, I don't clean them properly the entire month of November when I'm actively hunting. The most I will do (and do actually do after firing) is run a bore snake through them. They get the proper cleaning when I pack them away for the winter.

I hope it performs better on the next outing!

Things are melting here nicely (finally) and I'm really (make that REALLY) looking forward to getting out to the range too!