Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Bad intro referencing KB. I give you 5 negative points for style, and vote for an immediate ban.
    Is this one of those "love hurts" kind of things?

Because you cut like a knife, but it feels so right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    Is this one of those "love hurts" kind of things?

Because you cut like a knife, but it feels so right.
    Shit, I got nuttin.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Day Drunk View Post
    I have a few cigars thanks to my neighbor and fellow member on here "kingbeefy"
    Yep, thanks to ol' kb this dude has a humidor full of backwoods and classy wood tipped cigars.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Shit, I got nuttin.
    But shirley you can admit that it really does feel so right, right?

Alright, I'll stop derailing the gun thread with my nonsense.

Blog Entries

But shirley you can admit that it really does feel so right, right?

Alright, I'll stop derailing the gun thread with my nonsense.
    Must....resist....Naked Gun response....

To keep the thread on track, I haven't bought a new gun in years.

Uncle Tupelo

My two babies our my Springfield XDs which is my primary carry weapon and my LWRC 6.8 PSD. I also own a Springfield XDm 40 Compact, a Ruger 10/22, a mini 14, and a Benelli Supernova.

Blog Entries

My wife is the gun-toting gangsta of my family. I grocery shop, cook, and she protects my life. It works.

I actually will be going to get my carry permit in about a week, I'm looking forward to being the man of the house again. It's been a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Drunk View Post
    I am new to the forum and seen Gun Owning Smokers thread.

I have a few cigars thanks to my neighbor and fellow member on here "kingbeefy"
    I also have a few Glocks (which imo are the best ;) Colt AR, Tac 870, and a M&P .357 snubbie
    Don't shoot a lot just collect...hopefully I will collect a decent amount of cigars too
    Hi and welcome to the board from Alberta, Canada.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

My wife is the gun-toting gangsta of my family. I grocery shop, cook, and she protects my life. It works.

I actually will be going to get my carry permit in about a week, I'm looking forward to being the man of the house again. It's been a long time.
    LMAO.......won't make a damn bit of difference, but you'll sure as hell be safer in the produce section.

Ok lets get the gun thread back on track.

I finally got off gun restriction this morning and went right back on it 30 min later when she saw the email confirmation and price of my new toy.
    I ordered a upper to complete my new AR build 300 AAC blackout and some ammo.
    https://sotaarms.com/component/jshop...2/119?Itemid=0

Now that im on gun restriction again im scared to call the local gunsmith up and see if he finished my Rugger P89 I had him put new sights put on it.
    "I was felling lazy so I let them do the work". If I walk in the door of a gun shop something will follow me home I just know it.
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 08-30-2013 at 02:40 AM.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Ok lets get the gun thread back on track.

I finally got off gun restriction this morning and went right back on it 30 min later when she saw the email confirmation and price of my new toy.
    I ordered a upper to complete my new AR build 300 AAC blackout and some ammo.
    https://sotaarms.com/component/jshop...2/119?Itemid=0

Now that im on gun restriction again im scared to call the local gunsmith up and see if he finished my Rugger P89 I had him put new sights put on it.
    "I was felling lazy so I let them do the work". If I walk in the door of a gun shop something will follow me home I just know it.
    LOL

I really like that AR upper, it's going to look great on. Definitely take pics and post them here.

I just bought a new scope for my hunting rifle. So I could have more money to spend on cigars, I decided to try a BSA rifle scope after reading a lot of reviews. Here I always thought BSA made only motorcycles. Turns out they've been manufacturing firearms for a long time, bicycle, motorcycles and now scopes. For about $150 I bought a nice 6x24 - 44mm with the adjustable turrets for windage and elevation as well as an adjustable objective lense. I can't wait for it to be delivered!

Oh, my bro came up to visit last Thursday (he's heading home today) and brought his Savage .22 (semi auto) and his 30-06 He got the 3x9 - 40mm that I removed from my main hunting rifle in anticipation of my new scope. We got him all sighted in and now he's all ready for hunting season too. The scope that was on his 30-06 went onto the Savage and I'm quite pleased and impressed with the accuracy of that particular rifle. The gophers back home are going to be most unhappy he's sighted in.........LOL We burned through about 2000 rounds of .22, a couple hundred .45 acp's and 24 30-06.

Good choice on the scope.
    I don't put a lot of $ in scopes, I am kind of hard on them and would be upset if I broke a $600 scope but a $100 im ok with.

I finished swapping around scopes, Im happy with where im at with all but the 300AAC build.
    I picked up some small scope I like the way it looked "Leapers UTG 3-9x32 Compact CQB Bug Buster" http://www.amazon.com/Leapers-3-9x32.../dp/B005VRYHNI

I spent a hour or so in a gun shop trying every scope they had but my eye's suck so it don't matter if I get the best scope I can find with bifocals.
    I can either see the cross hairs clear or the target not both at same time.

Blog Entries

Going home tomorrow to try out my latest purchases. I have about 900 rounds of 556 and 200 .308s that are calling my name.

14. Default

Sounds like a flinch in the making.

Doc
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    Sounds like a flinch in the making.

Doc
    LOL. Been there - done that! Usually happened after the range master had me put 200 rounds of shotgun slugs downrange...

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Good choice on the scope.
    I don't put a lot of $ in scopes, I am kind of hard on them and would be upset if I broke a $600 scope but a $100 im ok with.

I finished swapping around scopes, Im happy with where im at with all but the 300AAC build.
    I picked up some small scope I like the way it looked "Leapers UTG 3-9x32 Compact CQB Bug Buster" http://www.amazon.com/Leapers-3-9x32.../dp/B005VRYHNI

I spent a hour or so in a gun shop trying every scope they had but my eye's suck so it don't matter if I get the best scope I can find with bifocals.
    I can either see the cross hairs clear or the target not both at same time.
    That's a decent little scope and the reviews are good on it.

Yep, like you I'm hard on scopes. I've had decent luck so far but last fall, I shot my elk and left the scope dialed up to 9 (I usually keep it at 4.5) while I dressed the elk out. After I was done, I picked up my rifle and tried to dial it back to 4.5 and the dial wouldn't move. I didn't bump it, drop it or anything so I'm not sure what's up with that. Bushnell replaced it free of charge so it turned out ok in the end. I did check out some Leupold's and Bushnell's but the ones with adjustable turrets and higher power ranged upwards of $600 and I'm not spending that much considering my luck....lol. If this BSA scope works as well as it should, I'll buy another next spring and mount it on my spare hunting rifle.

It turns out my sporting goods store here in town actually has BSA scopes.....just not the model I wanted. But I'm going to see if they can order it in, how long it'll take if they can, and how much $$$ If I can get it for under $200, I'll buy from them as it's going to cost me that much with shipping from US to Canada.

Crappy Cell phone pic I cant find the camera.
    I came home form work and the upper was waiting on me along with a few round's to test fire it tomorrow.
    SOTA arms 300AAC black out upper in black stainless steel lower is magpull and palmetto state armory parts.

I did get 100 rounds made over the weekend, cut down 223 brass that I want to test also. 125 grain jacketed hollow points with 17.2 grain's of H110.

Last edited by Mangyrat; 09-09-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Blog Entries

I see a Padron!!!

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Got a chance to shoot my SR556 and M1 over the past few days. Both are EXCELLENT firearms. I only have 3 complaints about the Ruger. The firing pin retaining pin that came with it was to big and protruded from the side of the bolt carrier. About 10 minutes with a vice, hammer, and some files fixed that issue. The second complaint is that the aluminum hand guard gets hot; FAST. 60 rounds in and it was almost too hot to hold. I'm going to have to get some rails and heat shields put on ASAP. Thirdly, the front site that came with it does not adjust in increments. On a milspec sight, there is a pin that allows you to adjust the elevation in "clicks". X number of clicks = Y inches at Z meters. The Ruger's is just a straight screw, so there was a lot of guesswork to figure out how much to turn it to get the desired result. Other than that, shot like a dream. The Burris Fast Fire 3 site was a bit of a pain to zero, but she works like a charm now.

Then there is the M-1. Semi-auto, .308, smooth as silk with an ever so satisfying "PING" to let you know you just sent 8 rounds down range. What more can I say about it?

Eville I see you have the UTG riser on it. "they are cheap but work great"

I put one on both my AR's and it makes a big difference for looking in the scope with bifocals on.

Mine stays cool after a 30 round mag dumps, I haven't tried back to back mag dumps yet to see if it gets hot.

Yea Will that's one of the pardons form your last box split, I had to have a good cigar after completing the build.

Thread Information