Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The US Thompson and the German MP40 huh? That sounds like fun! How was it? I was in the military, so I got to fire a few assault rifles, grenades, and machine guns. I got to fire the M16A1, the M16A2, M249, the M60, and good old Ma Deuce (M2 Browning). I regret that I wasn't around for the implementation of the M16A4. It sounds like they finally got it right with that weapon. The M249 (5.56 Nato) had an extremely high rate of fire. You have to be careful when firing because it burns through ammo very quickly and gets quite hot. The M60 (7.62 Nato) seemed to have a much slower, albeit much more powerful rate of fire. The M2 has the slowest rate of fire, but man oh man what a cannon! I also got a chance to throw M33 grenades and fire an M203 grenade launcher with live ammo. A rare treat. My only gripe with the M203 was that I had to fire it right handed and I'm a leftie. I still qualified expert.
    Last edited by Kenyth; 06-02-2010 at 03:15 PM.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Thread Information