Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    I just placed an order for something real sweeeeet...My secret though. Be ready in a few months.
    LOL - you know I'm going to want to hear what you're getting.......picture's would be nice too!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

I picked up a cheap Remington 770 300 Win Mag, while at Walmart yesterday for $272.
    It was a impulse buy for the price it will make a fun toy.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

My main carry is the Glock 32 .357 sig...the one on the bottom...the Glock 33 .357 sig is my office gun.

I carry a back up Sig Sauer P238 via an ankle holster...great .380 and with the extended mag it feels great in my hand...

My bedside gun is a Springfield XD-9 with extended mag...I added a light/strobe and tactical laser to the gun (not shown)...one of the best shooting guns I've ever handled.

I have a Sig Sauer P290 in a gun case at the other side of the house...just in case.

In my Suburban I have a gun safe in my center console...I keep an Springfield XD40 and FN Five Seven handy...

I've got 3 semi-auto shotguns...FNH SLP (home), Mossberg 930 SPX (Suburban), and Benelli M2 Tactical (office)

Fun guns...Winchester MP15 and FN FS2000

The guns I take out when I'm at my cabin (besides the shotguns)...

SW 500 Magnum snub nose...makes the Taurus kick feel like a bb gun

Taurus Raging Judge Magnum...

I have a couple of other guns that I started out with in my gun safe...Sig Sauer P226, Sig Sauer P229...which are fantastic and reliable guns.
    Last edited by AMGfan; 07-12-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AMGfan View Post
    My main carry is the Glock 32 .357 sig...the one on the bottom...the Glock 33 .357 sig is my office gun.

I carry a back up Sig Sauer P238 via an ankle holster...great .380 and with the extended mag it feels great in my hand...

I have a couple of other guns that I started out with in my gun safe...Sig Sauer P226, Sig Sauer P229...which are fantastic and reliable guns.
    Dude, that's quite the list! Combined with your other collections I'm actually starting to feel a twinge of jealousy here!

Are you a LEO?

Here in Canada it's impossible to get a permit to carry a concealed handgun so I've never wasted my time trying. Not that it's illegal, it's not, it's just that the powers that be will not approve anybody. Back in the 80's my older brother tried to get a permit to carry (not concealed mind you) while out bow hunting for bear. He wanted to take is .40 Magnum S&W double action revolver along as backup. He was refused. And that was for open carry in a holster. Our gun laws suck!

I like the looks of that FN 5.7 Our military used to use FN assault rifles, the C1 and C2 years back and I had opportunity to try a couple out. When they upgraded to the Colt 5.56 rifle, the market was flooded with the semi-auto only variety. In military parlance, the FN-C1...but they were sold as being an FN-FAL for whatever reason.

What do you think of the 5.7?

I'm not a LEO. I just like to be prepared...but guns should be the LAST option in any situation, especially carrying concealed in an approved public setting.

I love to shoot the Five Seven...the recoil is minimal and accuracy is pretty phenomenal. The weight of the gun seems to be even less than the P238 .380.
    The only draw back is when I want to go to the range...the ammo is not readily available and it is expensive. I ended up stockpiling 2 cases.

The Five Seven is probably my favorite gun...the best gun I shoot with is probably the Springfield XD-9.

But the most fun I have shooting is when I take the SW 500 and Taurus to the range...the sound, recoil, and reactions I get shooting them are funny. The ammo in the SW500 is like something out of a movie...440gr...1625 fts/2580 ft.lbs...I could see how it could take down a bear.

I've taken the Taurus Judge wild hog hunting and that is a trip, too.

Jon

I'm not a LEO. I just like to be prepared...but guns should be the LAST option in any situation, especially carrying concealed in an approved public setting.

I love to shoot the Five Seven...the recoil is minimal and accuracy is pretty phenomenal. The weight of the gun seems to be even less than the P238 .380.
    The only draw back is when I want to go to the range...the ammo is not readily available and it is expensive. I ended up stockpiling 2 cases.

The Five Seven is probably my favorite gun...the best gun I shoot with is probably the Springfield XD-9.

But the most fun I have shooting is when I take the SW 500 and Taurus to the range...the sound, recoil, and reactions I get shooting them are funny. The ammo in the SW500 is like something out of a movie...440gr...1625 fts/2580 ft.lbs...I could see how it could take down a bear.

I've taken the Taurus Judge wild hog hunting and that is a trip, too.

Jon
    I like how you think! A gun should always be the VERY last resort. If I could, I would get a permit to carry concealed. Not because I'm a powertripping tool, or a guy with a very small penis trying to compensate. But simply because "having one and not needing it is better than needing it and not having it"

I'd love to try that 5.7 myself. I have a funny feeling they'd be hard to get up here in Canada. If they're allowed at all. I may have to look into it. As for ammo, keep your brass and by some reloading equipment! I'm guessing that ammo isn't cheap but I wager you can get bullets and probably even the brass fairly inexpensively (in comparison). That 500 looks like a riot too...and I wager it's quite accurate at ranges most handguns would be useless.

7. Default

A salty old gunny once told me, "Never get into a gun fight with anything that doesn't say .45." I thought it was good advice.

Doc
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    I like how you think! A gun should always be the VERY last resort. If I could, I would get a permit to carry concealed. Not because I'm a powertripping tool, or a guy with a very small penis trying to compensate. But simply because "having one and not needing it is better than needing it and not having it"

I'd love to try that 5.7 myself. I have a funny feeling they'd be hard to get up here in Canada. If they're allowed at all. I may have to look into it. As for ammo, keep your brass and by some reloading equipment! I'm guessing that ammo isn't cheap but I wager you can get bullets and probably even the brass fairly inexpensively (in comparison). That 500 looks like a riot too...and I wager it's quite accurate at ranges most handguns would be useless.
    I've heard repeatedly, "I'd much rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6". Perhaps we should ask Mr. Zimmerman if he supports that mantra.

I carried one around for more than 30 years - damn near everywhere I went. And quite frankly - it was much more trouble than it ever got me out of....

My bedside gun is a Springfield XD-9 with extended mag...I added a light/strobe and tactical laser to the gun (not shown)...one of the best shooting guns I've ever handled.

I have a Sig Sauer P290 in a gun case at the other side of the house...just in case.

In my Suburban I have a gun safe in my center console...I keep an Springfield XD40 and FN Five Seven handy...

I've got 3 semi-auto shotguns...FNH SLP (home), Mossberg 930 SPX (Suburban), and Benelli M2 Tactical (office)
    I know you're not LEO but you're also not doing neighborhood watch in the Sanford area, are you?

Thread Information