Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    I am off the shit list with my wife
    She wanted me to get her up a new camera to watch her cats when not at home so I did that and she is happy again.
    I am not pushing my luck and getting a new rifle this month ill wait a few months so she don't get ticked again.
    Man trying to behave sucks I passed up a deal on a 22 mag bolt action I really wanted.
    I am even waiting to get my 380 out of the shop just so she forgets

Tomorrow I am back to reloading 9mm only because the tumbler is full of 300+ cases that are clean and need to get used up so I can clean some 223 and 45.
    I got a Dillon super swage 600 in the mail today also so I need to mount it to my loading table and test it out.

I'm glad you're back on her good side!

I was talking to one of the exec's from our gun club the other day (he runs the handgun/rifle range) and he's a reloader and of course has all the necessary equipment and experience. He's willing to help me not only learn how to reload the right way, but he'll also let me use his equipment once I've got a handle on things to fill all those empty brass I've been saving for years.

I'm going to have to ask him if he enjoys a good cigar...
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

CptnBlues63 having some one to teach you the right way is what I would recommend.

Never trust anyone else's reloads unless you really trust that person and know they are not a idiot.
    I tend to load on the conservative side lighter loads.
    always do your own research on load data and double check when using other peoples data.

Todays load data for 9mm was
    115 grain plated round nose bullets
    4.6 grains of Red DOT, its a little hot for my taste but will cycle better in my 9mm.
    CCI small pistol primers

My arm is sore now I loaded over 300 rounds on a turret press that was 1200+ pulls on the handle
    I hope to be loading 45 acp tomorrow depending on the case prep how long it takes.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    CptnBlues63 having some one to teach you the right way is what I would recommend.

Never trust anyone else's reloads unless you really trust that person and know they are not a idiot.
    I tend to load on the conservative side lighter loads.
    always do your own research on load data and double check when using other peoples data.

Todays load data for 9mm was
    115 grain plated round nose bullets
    4.6 grains of Red DOT, its a little hot for my taste but will cycle better in my 9mm.
    CCI small pistol primers

My arm is sore now I loaded over 300 rounds on a turret press that was 1200+ pulls on the handle
    I hope to be loading 45 acp tomorrow depending on the case prep how long it takes.
    I thought getting taught was the best way. Like most anything else, there is a lot to know and from the reading I've done already there are plenty of wrong ways to do things and this is way too dangerous to not get someone experienced to show me.

I'm sure eventually I'll invest in my own reloading equipment but for this year, it'd be nice to just use someone else's and load all my empty brass.

If I lived anywhere near you, I'd happily give you a hand....and when were done, we could kick back and have a good cigar!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information