Quote Originally Posted by Stoopy View Post
Loaded so test rounds for my 7mm mag. I'm going deer hunting in 2 weeks so I need to hurry and find a good load. Kommiefornia passed a no lead for hunting rounds law so now I have to use solid copper which is bullshit.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412739075.510563.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	3844
You'll excuse me for laughing but what's the concern, that the animal might die of lead poisoning???

I suppose it's a possibility if the animal is only wounded and the bullet stays inside the critter but, that is rather unlikely with a high powered rifle (especially a 7mm magnum........lol). The only lead I ever found inside a deer was a .22 I pulled out of a young white tail bucks butt that had been in there for at least a year. I figure a year because the wound was fully healed and the only reason we found the bullet was because it stopped the grinder. A much nicer way than biting into a piece of roast only to discover the bullet.

You can carry some stuff too far and I think this is a case of that. It's highly unlikely (in my estimation) that one bullet inside a deer could cause it to die slowly from lead poisoning. 15 or 20, maybe, but one..........nahhhh, I'm not buying it.

Make sure you take pics of any deer you get, I'd love to see!

I'm leaving on my annual hunting trip on the 31st and I'm starting to get excited..........or as my wife would call it, "going into rut"
I'll be pulling my hunting trailer into the driveway this weekend to start prep'ing it.