Thread: "My great smoke shop"

Default "My great smoke shop"

Well the other day I was turning a co-worker onto cigar smoking. I walked with him down to the local shop. I was telling him everything I knew (which is not much,just what I have read on here and in Cigar). We finally arrive with our mouths watering. As I walk in I notice a few "regulars". One of my favorite smoking friends says "grab a stick, its on me". I love those words. I stare at the cases trying to find something I have been wanting to try. I finally make my decision on a Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real. I throw it up on the counter and let the shop master cut it. I than turn to my friend who now has a huge smile on his face and wants to be part of this magic. I look around for him and think that being a very "green leaf" of a smoker I choose a Baccarat. We grab our smokes and like little kids with a new toy find a huge leather recliner and sit down to play. He watches me admire the cigar and light it with precision. He follows my lead and takes a puff. He smiles. "Its all down hill from here" I say to myself. We sit there and mingle with other patrons with smiles and laughing. I look up at the clock and its almost closing. My friend starts to put his stick out like a cigarette and smokes starts to billow from his ashtray. Like a small smoke grenade went off in his corner only. Oh well. He finally gets his "fire" out and gets up to shake my hand. He says "this was so relaxing". He walks out the door right when the lights go out. By this time there is only one other person there finishing up their cigar. I start to stand again and the shop master yells out "its okay if you stay but clean up your own ashtrays". He comes from the back of the shop and locks the door. Im now sitting in a beautiful dimly light shop thinking to myself "this is great!". The shop master than notices my cigar about to burn my finger (that was a pretty good smoke). He pulls out a box of Oliva and says "have one of these on the house". Now Im starting to think this is all to good to be true. I mean I walk in and get offered a cigar and now the shop wants me to hang out after hours and smoke a "free" cigar while they count the drawer and clean. This is heaven. I sat there with one other patron of the shop and talked for almost two hours about everything. Watching people walk by and take a second look like they could not believe that there was still people smoking at 11:00. I had a great night and just talked to my coworker who asked if I would sell him my small humi.

Just wanted to share that great experience. Thanks for reading.

Incredible man .... I hope I can find a smoke shop like this when I come home on leave.

Kris

Awesome shop. I just wish we could still smoke in doors here in ohio! Anyone know of some good shops around the Piqua / Dayton area?

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog2006 View Post
    Awesome shop. I just wish we could still smoke in doors here in ohio! Anyone know of some good shops around the Piqua / Dayton area?
    I know. The "Clean Air Act" here in Delaware put some very nice shops out of business. I didn't even smoke back then but I thought it would be common sence to allow smoke shops let their customers smoke. Damn Yankees.

I know of a really good smoke shop called The Humidor in Newark Ohio, but that would be a bit of a drive for you. Hell, it's a bit of a drive for me, about an hour. It's a lovely shop though, and last time I got to visit, I was greeted by the wonderful aroma of cigars being smoked. Unfortunately, I had my girlfriend with me and could not stay to smoke with the other patrons.

If it helps, I've had good luck searching google with: cigar store near zip code. It's mostly been stores that lean primarily towards cigarettes and have a small humidor (usually indifferently maintained at best) but I did find a couple decent ones that way.
    Last edited by Galvanicfish; 05-27-2009 at 09:31 PM. Reason: I kin speel gudz
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

Thread Information