I'm sure many of you are familiar with these, but i thought i might try a thread about them to let others get in on the fun. Also, for those of us who already have quite a collection, maybe we might be persuaded to share them with others.

For those of you who don't know what this is about.....

If you were like me as a kid and were raised up playing some of the early gaming systems before computers really became involved in gaming (like Atari, Nintendo, Sega, and so on you will be delighted to know that you can still play them just as they were then. All you have to do is go to an internet site such as www.coolrom.com or www.rom-world.com (or you can just search for ROM games and it will link to many of them) and find an emulator (player) for the system you like, then download it. Then download the ROM (game file) that you want. Finally, open the Emulator and use it to open the ROM file of your game. I would highly reccomend that you get a USB controller because you will hate having to use your keyboard for all the funcitons. I guess my only other advise would be that if you don't like the Emulator you downloaded don't worry, there are usually 10 or more Emulators for each system. My favorites are VirtuaNES for nintendo, KFusion for Sega, and Project64 for nintendo 64.

For those of us who already have a bunch of ROMs....

Feel free to post any suggestions on Emulators, and any other tips for people who are just getting started. Also, if you would like to share any ROMs feel free to do so. Most roms are readily available on the net, but there are a few that are really hard to find and those would be the ones to share. I know it took me several weeks to find Mario 1, 2, and 3.

Also if you are new to this and need help or can't find a particular game, please leave a post and I'm sure someone will probably have it.

........has anyone here ever beaten Marble Madness? I keep getting to the part where you have to go in reverse and i mess up. Time to go give it another shot.