Thread: Think I found a treasure

Default Think I found a treasure

I went by one of the tobacco stores in town today, checking to see if they had anything new. They did, but it was just a couple boxes of of curly head deluxe. However, as I was turning to leave, part of a wrapper caught my eye. Buried in a box of random cigars was a Gloria Cubana. I rooted around in the box, and found a couple more, but only grabbed the one. I'm not sure it's exact pedigree. It looks like a natural wrapper, and roughly eyeballing it, I'd say it was around a 50 ring gauge, 5 inches.

On my way back to my car, the cello seemed to sparkle and I noticed it was very yellow. Further examination showed bloom on the wrapper.

I think I've stumbled across a well aged cigar that should be a treat to smoke, and that I was probably foolish for not grabbing the other two when I was there... Though upon reflection, if they've been in there long enough to look like they do, I Shouldn't worry about someone grabbing them up before I can get back there.

Can any of you tell me how long as cigar has to age before it starts looking like that? Also, do you think I have my hopes too up and am in for disappointment tonight when I have it after dinner?
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

2. Default

Sounds like a La Gloria Wavell natural. Enjoy it as it should be very nice by now . I have some maduros from 05 and they are smoking great.

I don't really give yellow cello and bloom muchattention because cello can yellow in 6 months and I was never a subscriber to the bloom give cigars great taste bullshit. Bloom means the oils in the wrapper are leaving it
    The older I get ,the better I was

Well, that was quite tasty. I shall definitely rescue the other two.

Thanks for the info Kevin... and that makes sense about it being bullshit, since the bloom is the dried residue of the oil and all. Though I can see where people would associate the bloom with a well aged cigar and think that it's the cause of the good flavor.
    Mark Twain

4. Default

Glad it was good. I always belive a cigar has to be a good cigar to age well,you cant age a turd into a good cigar. La Glorias are good when fresh also.
    The older I get ,the better I was

Yes, yes they are. That was only the second Gloria I've smoked, the other being a Serie R #5. Absolutely delicious. I really have to stick a few in my coolerdor when I finally get to set it up. Yay for finally being employed again and able support my vices properly.
    Mark Twain

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Like Kevin said, yellow cello means nothing. I could leave a cigar on the dash of my car for a couple of weeks and I bet it would be pretty yellow.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Mattie03 Guest

Smoking is dangerous for our health. So its not advisable to smoke. As long as possible don't take it. Its bad for the lungs.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Mattie03;131967]Smoking is dangerous for our health. So its not advisable to smoke. As long as possible don't take it. Its bad for the lungs.

We're not gonna take it! No! We ain't gonna take it! We're not gonna take it, anymore!!!!!

Will
    Last edited by badwhale; 06-16-2009 at 09:38 AM.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by Mattie03 View Post
    Smoking is dangerous for our health. So its not advisable to smoke. As long as possible don't take it. Its bad for the lungs.
    Last edited by Mizicke5273; 06-18-2009 at 06:47 AM.
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattie03 View Post

Now someone is going to have to clean up the quotes (if you don't do it yourselves) and ban the spammer.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corvin View Post
    Guys, you do realize that each time you quote him you'd adding to his ranking, unless you remove the link or at least alter it to point to a non-existent domain.

Now someone is going to have to clean up the quotes (if you don't do it yourselves) and ban the spammer.
    No, I didn't realize that. I went back and deleted all the links in my replies.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I've got a nice piece of 2x4 with that dude's name on it.

I'm just sayin' .....

Kris

Currently living in Iraq. But stationed out of Ft. Carson CO.

2x4 eh? I got a bottle of coke, rusty coat hanger, and a power drill? Breakfast you say?

Or just save the 2x4 and hit him with the carp you were cooking on the board.
    W/O Hope, Life is not worth living. ~ME

I've got a nice piece of 2x4 with that dude's name on it.

Sounds kinda unwieldy. Besides, I got dibs, as it's my thread he spammed. <eyes his hickory walking stick>
    Mark Twain

Thread Information