Thread: Little White Spots

1. Unhappy Little White Spots

I got a promotional sample pack (the 8 for 10 deal) from Cigars International the other day. I smoked one over the weekend. Well, let me rephrase that, I PARTIALLY smoked one over the weekend. It was a Gurkha Park Avenue. This was the first time I tried this particular stogie, and man, it tasted gross. Maybe its just not that good of a smoke, or maybe it had something to do with the little white spots I discovered in it. Just looking at the wrapper, you cant see them, but in the ash of the cigar, there were all these little, almost perfectly symmetrical, white things. I tossed it after only like the first inch, as it tasted horrible and also because I was a little concerned about the spots. What could these spots be? I have never seen this before. Unfortunately I do not have a picture.

Blog Entries

It was just a gross cigar... to you anyway.

The white spots in the ash are minerals, most likely potassium, that are absorbed from the soil by the leaf. Not harmful or unusual.

I don't like that Gurkha either.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I've only ever had one Gurkha (Master Select Toro). No white Spots but in the begining was an overwhelming salty mineral taste. The taste went away and it turned into an average cigar. Not worth my time to start off tasting like that.

Blog Entries

Little zits on the ash reflect how the soil that the wrapper tobacco was grown in was fertilized - and maybe processed.

No direct relationship to the grossness of a cigar - for example, Padrons often have zits.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Yeah, I've had some really tasty cigars with funky ash. I never have had a Gurkha, are there any what are worth the price?
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

I really enjoy the Beast and the Titan. if you keep an eye on CBid, you can get them for $10-15 each.
    sammis

Thread Information