Thread: Top Gear returned tonight! (no spoilers)

Blog Entries

Default Top Gear returned tonight! (no spoilers)

Season 13 started tonight .
    Top Gear skids, roars and explodes its way back on to the TV with a brand new series.

It starts with an extraordinary race as Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May set out to discover what Top Gear might have been like 60 years ago. To this end, James grabs himself a gorgeous old Jaguar XK120 sports car while Richard chooses to torture himself on the brutal but rather fantastically named Vincent Black Shadow motorbike. Meanwhile, in an almost unprecedented move, Jeremy decides to take the train. But not just any old train; he's on the footplate of the Tornado, a brand new steam train built to the original blueprints used to create some of Britain's finest locomotives back in the heyday of the railways.

Jeremy has to feed the boiler with a constant supply of coal, without which the whole train will grind to a halt. The challenge behind this race is simple - the first one to get from London to Edinburgh is the winner - but what happens along the way adds up to one of Top Gear's most incredible and epic races to date.
    Watch clips from throughout the years at http://bbc.co.uk/topgear and/or http://www.topgear.com

Get full episodes via BitTorrent at finalgear.com or mininova.com (same torrent). The torrent for tonight's show started two hours ago, and currently has 1800 seeds and 14000 peers. It is one of the most-downloaded TV shows in the world. BitTorrent (or a private file-sharing site) remains the only way to get the full version of the current series in North America. (BBC America and BBC Canada have re-runs of cut versions of previous seasons' shows .)

This is the only show that I make any effort to watch.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Love Top Gear - missed tonight though. I'll try to catch it on BBC Iplayer though (don't know if that's open outside UK? Might be worth checking out). I'm not sure what I think about the Stig though...
    "Celebrate Yourself!"

top gear is great! my personal favorite is the lorry episode. i need to get caught up on episodes.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCylinder View Post
    Love Top Gear - missed tonight though. I'll try to catch it on BBC Iplayer though (don't know if that's open outside UK? Might be worth checking out). I'm not sure what I think about the Stig though...
    iPlayer only works in the UK; Hulu only works in the USA.

Watching the episode now,
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

My personal favorite was the episode where they raced the RVs.

Thread Information