Thread: Vintage question

Default Vintage question

So tonight, I was smoking a RP vintage 1992, and I got to wondering just what that means. Was the cigar made in '92? Or was that when the tobacco was picked? I couldn't find much info on the web, and searches here turned up little as well.
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

2. Default

They were supposedly were wrapped in leaf from 1992. I love cigars but a lot of cigar people like Patel (I met him in the late 90's) are skeezy like a a car salesman at a rip-quick car lot. Do not put much credibality into what is advertised as rare,vintage bla bla ,just smoke what you like and its all good
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    They were supposedly were wrapped in leaf from 1992. I love cigars but a lot of cigar people like Patel (I met him in the late 90's) are skeezy like a a car salesman at a rip-quick car lot. Do not put much credibality into what is advertised as rare,vintage bla bla ,just smoke what you like and its all good
    Aren't most Patel maduros spray on as well?

I don't mind of of his cigars but they definitely aren't the end all.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

I have some of these. I got them when they came out. Ya, like kevin said. Apparently Rocky found a stash of old leaves from 92 and used them to roll these..... http://www.cigarsmokers.com/images/s...3.gif:smiley6:
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Is there any way to tell that?

Do not put much credibality into what is advertised as rare,vintage bla bla ,just smoke what you like and its all good
    Best advice I've gotten all week. It seems to me a lot of stuff like that is so they can charge you more for
    an otherwise average product.
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

Yeah, I've grown suspicious of the Vintages too. I mean, how big of a supply of these leaves does he have? They're a popular cigar and have been out for years now. Seems like at some point they would run out of the original ones from 90 and 92.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by derivation View Post
    Yeah, I've grown suspicious of the Vintages too. I mean, how big of a supply of these leaves does he have? They're a popular cigar and have been out for years now. Seems like at some point they would run out of the original ones from 90 and 92.
    Rest assured, they will, and I'm sure everyone will know when.

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvanicfish View Post
    Is there any way to tell that?
    Yes. Your fingers turn brown when the spray rubs off. - no joke.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Default check the wrapper

I would imagine that if the maduro was sprayed on you could take a bit off the wrapper and see if the wrapper leaf is the same color on the other side. Maybe they would spray the back too. I am not sure on that.
    Just another day at the office!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I would imagine that if the maduro was sprayed on you could take a bit off the wrapper and see if the wrapper leaf is the same color on the other side. Maybe they would spray the back too. I am not sure on that.
    I think the wrapper is treated before the cigar is rolled. Really no way to distinguish except as Mark said...your fingers will turn brown from the wrapper-not the tar.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Thread Information