Thread: Padilla Miami 8/11

Default Padilla Miami 8/11

This cigar has been a favorite for a while now. They've changed the label - the old one is black and red and the new one is white and I think gold with black lettering. I can't find whether the blend has changed or not. I've read reviews and some think that it has changed; that it's not as strong as before and that the flavor is different. Anyone have any accurate info on this?
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

I've heard of a change also, but the only way I could be sure would be to smoke one of the new ones. I've burned plenty of the old ones, they're one of my favorite Padillas!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

They used to be made by Pepin. They recently changed rollers. I haven't tried any of the new ones. I also like the older ones.

Here's a link.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar...4,2266,00.html

No longer a Pepin cigar...........Ernesto also went back to the original Oscuro wrapper. Not as stout, but a fuller flavor cigar.

5. Default

CI is the exclusive distributor now. CI can fuck up a good cigar better that anybody else. padilla sold out and fired his sales staff including 1 of my friends. I know 99% of you guys go gaga over CI but they run a slimey operation by buying premium brands and re blending them into nasty shitsticks . Mark my words ,padilla will be a bundle shitstick in under 3 years
    The older I get ,the better I was

Was awesome. Sucks now. Tried them myself:(
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    Was awesome. Sucks now. Tried them myself:(
    I won't quite say suck, but they are a shadow of their former self I'm sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    CI is the exclusive distributor now. CI can fuck up a good cigar better that anybody else. padilla sold out and fired his sales staff including 1 of my friends. I know 99% of you guys go gaga over CI but they run a slimey operation by buying premium brands and re blending them into nasty shitsticks . Mark my words ,padilla will be a bundle shitstick in under 3 years
    This is what I was afraid of. I picked up a torp in Dallas over the weekend for the ride home and then was looking to buy some online and kept getting mixed signals. The ones in Dallas were the old ones and so I called and they knocked a little off and are sending the rest of the box. I asked him what he knew and he pled ignorant but he's gonna throw in a new one so I can compare.

Too bad - these were great cigars.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post

Yep, that's it for them. To bad. After all the press about opening a new place in Miami and all that shit with holts I thought he was going stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    Yep, that's it for them. To bad. After all the press about opening a new place in Miami and all that shit with holts I thought he was going stick to it.
    Was just going to comment on the Holts thing. So maybe they knew something way back when?

Edit: So CI is the only place to get Padilla now? If so, no wonder they have been putting them on special like they have been going out of style.
    Last edited by Mizicke5273; 06-25-2009 at 10:52 AM.
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    Was just going to comment on the Holts thing. So maybe they knew something way back when?
    That's what I was wondering about too - like maybe there was two sides to that little dust up.
    - Tom Robbins

Yea I remember there was a whole shit storm over at CP about one little marketing add and I always wondered if there was more to it than Holts could say. Like maybe Padillia let slip something that shouldn't have and they ran with it.
    Yay! Cigars!

You can get some of these pretty cheap on cbid now. I have not tried any of the Padilla blends yet. Do you guys think it would be worth it to get a sampler? I have heard that the Habano and the 68' are both still pretty good. I wish i could have gotten some before CI took over.

Thread Information