Thread: Give me a hand

Default Give me a hand

A "hand" of air-cured tobacco leaf sure adds some good scents to the humi.

Last edited by DeeDubya; 07-03-2009 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Came back to say

Blog Entries

That is a bad-ass accessory for that bad-ass humidor DW!! Nice job my friend.

Blog Entries

Nice addition. Where did you get that? Is it strictly decorative?

How about adding.....

......a full sized wooden indian?
    ......some tobacco plants?
    ......cigarsmokers members?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

[QUOTE=mrtr33;132825]Nice addition. Where did you get that? Is it strictly decorative?

Fred Stoker & Son has a good selection of tobaccos other than premium cigars (chewing tobacco, snuff, pipe tobacco, twists, etc.). It's real, very moist and leathery, and smells kind of like Beechnut chu-na-bac-r.

How about adding.....

......a full sized wooden indian?

I've been looking at cigar store indians for months now and there are many out there. Getting a good quality one at a reasonable price is not so easy.

......some tobacco plants?

Tobacco plants might not like total darkness (if I'm not in there, the lights are out).

......cigarsmokers members?

I thought about letting everyone file through to pick out a stick but I'm afraid I would have to take out a second mortgage to re-stock. Nice thought though!

Very nice touch. Where's the rolling bench?

Rich

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    snip......cigarsmokers members?
    Get off my corner!!

Looks awesome! What a great touch.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Thumbs up

When I see your humidor, I first lust, then drool a little . . . then start planning a Mission Impossible commando raid on your stash! If you see a short, fat white guy sliding down a rope and into your humi, it ain't me!

You, Sir, did an outstanding job on your walk-in humi!

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Get off my corner!!
    A cigar pimp might help with that
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post

Tobacco plants might not like total darkness (if I'm not in there, the lights are out).
    You could pioneer the Darkness-grown tobacco leaf. It would revolutionize the industry!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarHound View Post
    When I see your humidor, I first lust, then drool a little . . . then start planning a Mission Impossible commando raid on your stash! If you see a short, fat white guy sliding down a rope and into your humi, it ain't me!

You, Sir, did an outstanding job on your walk-in humi!
    Thanks, it's not too fancy but sure does a great job. I'm keeping the RH at 65% and that seems about right.

Skulking off D-Dub?
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

No way. I'll pop in now and then to make sure you're doing well.

Skulking, scuttling, whatev. But it does look like you are leaving. Man, the title of this thread is what you've got coming for the act you've kept up all this time.

Y'know, a resentment is like pissing your pants. You're the only one who can feel it, but everyone else can see it.
    Last edited by basil; 08-11-2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: typo
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Skulking, scuttling, whatev. But it does look like you are leaving. Man, the title of this thread is what you've got coming for the act you've kept up all this time.

Y'know, a resentment is like pissing your pants. You're the only one who can feel, but everyone else can see it.
    Geez I was really beginning to worry. So I stopped by to help you out. How did you ever go 3 days without purging? Seriously, that's not good for your health.

Naw, just kidding, I didn't stop by just for you. I knew if I was gone too long you would find some other member to chew on. So see, it worked. I'll probably be getting some more Thank You for the sacrifice notes now. So "without any resentment" later dude.

Hm, "St. Dennis". It does have a certain um, ring to it.

But, your newly-found, self-appointed martyrdom notwithstanding, this recent change in the usual tone and complexion of your many contributions to the board is alarming. Radical departure? No?? Perhaps I was just always too busy purging to notice that was no purr coming from your direction. This thread title seems to increasingly make more sense!
    - Tom Robbins

Did I miss something here? I have no clue what this thread is about as the image is not viewable in the op and it seems to be a month old as well.
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    Did I miss something here? I have no clue what this thread is about as the image is not viewable in the op and it seems to be a month old as well.
    If you missed where Dennis got his panties in a twist over newb attitude adjustments, (albeit goodnaturedly in this case) then, check out his meltdown thread. This thread was resurrected because it seemed apropos. Now it looks like he's picking up his toys and going home.
    - Tom Robbins

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
    snip......I'll probably be getting some more Thank You for the sacrifice notes now. So "without any resentment" later dude.
    Thanking you for what? Exposing your true self? I see nothing else that has changed.

Well I missed that whole thread as well.
    Yay! Cigars!

Thread Information