No Other's reviews found

Smoke: Montecristo ~ Edmundo (ISOM)
    Drink(s): Yuengling Porter
    Tunes: Boot Liquor Radio

Wrapper: ISOM
    Draw: Light / Easy
    Burn: Good
    Misc: 90+ minutes.

Pre-light: Beautiful cigar. Plume. No pre-light flavor.

Light: Easy light. Here we go!

1st 3rd: Nutty. Tobacco. Dry taste. Medium body. There's a salty aftertaste to it. Its different. Mellow. There's a grassy light aftertaste in the smoke. Nice sofar.

Ash: Nice white. Chunky. Doesn't look to strong. Holding its own. Goes for 1" long.

2nd 3rd: Flavor profile similar to the 1st 3rd. Medium nose exhale burn. Medium body confirmed. Medium flavor. Nutty & salty dominant. Slight woodsy.

3rd 3rd: Creamy, nutty, woodsy, salty goodness! Can't say much more than that.

Overall impression: This one goes to the pipe. (that speaks volumes Thanks bro for this one! (Hope you get your AC fixed soon ;)

Will
    Last edited by badwhale; 08-16-2009 at 09:29 PM.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Nice

Nice review thanks roger
    Just another day at the office!

Blog Entries

Nice Job brother!

"We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Question piping off the rest

How does piping off the rest affect the flavor? Never tried that before. Does it smoke well all the way to the end or is there a limit to how far down you would want to smoke it. i.e. only as far as you see in the pic above. Roger

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    How does piping off the rest affect the flavor? Never tried that before. Does it smoke well all the way to the end or is there a limit to how far down you would want to smoke it. i.e. only as far as you see in the pic above. Roger
    Roger,

I'm a smoking junkie first off. When I'm sitting here, and I don't want a really nice cigar to end, I put it in the pipe, just to keep smoking, basically.

To answer your question directly, It does affect the taste, as you get down to the bowl. Plus, I haven't really cleaned my pipe out ever, so there's all kinds of tar & resin in there affecting the flavor.

Its still enjoyable, for me, down until it starts to "gurgle" in the pipe, and then I get whacked with a super bitter, nasty tar taste everytime.

Again, I'm just a smoking junkie.

Will

Uncle Tupelo

As always, good informative review. I have a quick question, which I think I know the answer to; I just want confirmation. When you say nose exhale, you are referring to sort of shifting the smoke into the back of your mouth and blowing out your nose? Cause I really can't imagine the alternative.

As a cigarette smoker, I will very rarely take a full drag from my cigar, forget what I'm doing and inhale... then spend the next few minutes coughing uncontrollably with tears streaming from my eyes. Talk about ruining a good smoke. Fortunately, that's only happened a couple times.
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galvanicfish View Post
    As always, good informative review. I have a quick question, which I think I know the answer to; I just want confirmation. When you say nose exhale, you are referring to sort of shifting the smoke into the back of your mouth and blowing out your nose? Cause I really can't imagine the alternative.

As a cigarette smoker, I will very rarely take a full drag from my cigar, forget what I'm doing and inhale... then spend the next few minutes coughing uncontrollably with tears streaming from my eyes. Talk about ruining a good smoke. Fortunately, that's only happened a couple times.
    Yep. That's what I'm talking about. I find I am probably doing it more than I should, but I enjoy it.

Thanks,
    Will

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Roger,

I'm a smoking junkie first off. When I'm sitting here, and I don't want a really nice cigar to end, I put it in the pipe, just to keep smoking, basically.

To answer your question directly, It does affect the taste, as you get down to the bowl. Plus, I haven't really cleaned my pipe out ever, so there's all kinds of tar & resin in there affecting the flavor.

Its still enjoyable, for me, down until it starts to "gurgle" in the pipe, and then I get whacked with a super bitter, nasty tar taste everytime.

Will
    Try these next time - gets rid of the "super bitter, nasty tar taste"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Roger,

Will
    Thanks for that. I used to smoke pipe many years ago. Everything you said made perfect sense. DUH on me! LOL. Would using a hemostat, pic above really work? How would you clip it without destroying the draw? Just nip the wrapper a bit and hope you don't burn your nose off? LOL. Just a thought. Roger.

Blog Entries

Great pipe photo... you are hooked.

Thread Information