Thread: Lighters Lighters Lighters.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Question Lighters Lighters Lighters.

Ok everyone, I would like your input on this one! What lighter does the best job of performing. Let me clarify that... It would be nice to get a lighter that was REALLY dependable, one that lights every time without a hitch. A lighter that I can use to toast the foot and light the cigar without worrying that I have it on for too long. I guess I just want something very dependable. I spent 5 bucks on a lighter that was a triple flame lighter, it worked great for a while and then the wand in it that creates the spark broke and does not work any more. Any suggestions on a good lighter that wouldn't break the bank? Thanks for your input. Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

Blog Entries

check out blue rhino lighters from heartfelt.com I have had a Beast and another one that have both served me very well. they run about $20 and have a lifetime warranty.

Blog Entries

Can't beat the Ronson Jet-Lite from Wal-Mart, look on the tobacco isle, they're under three bucks each. I have them at work, in my golf bag, in the truck, at the computer, and they're quite reliable for that low price. You'll wear out the lid hinge before the flame quits working!

For a table lighter, I have a Vector Thundra triple flame that's just massive, and lights every time. Bigass tank that lasts weeks between refills.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I recently picked up a Nibo three-flame that I think works fantastically for a larger gauge. It cost $14 I think. I've only used it for maybe 10 cigars so I can't attest to long-term reliability. However it has worked well so far, has a nice clean flame group, and feels solid. Also has a punch cutter in the bottom.

Blog Entries

Roger,

Use search.

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showpost...8&postcount=10

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/search.php?searchid=1045992

I like my link. Of course the second one has a whole slew of lighter threads

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I agree with BWA, "Experience Brother, Experience".

Been a fan of Xikar from the start...but in the end its really your call. You have to go to a store and feel the lighters, what is comfortable in you hand, is made of quality materials and is adjustable to meet your tastes. There are too many good brands and models out there nowadays...also ask youself what you really need pocket size / tabletop etc...

Way over priced. But I love my ST Dupont Xtend. Lights everytime. Lasts weeks between fills. And looks bad ass. Had mine for 5 years now... Albeit it's been in for repairs a couple times But, in their defense. Apparently they fixed a couple of the old problems with the new line like strengthening the trigger, although they look mostly the same from the outside. The old one has the tank viewer on the bottom and the newer line has it on the side. That's how to make sure you aren't buying one of the older gen's..... And, I'm pretty, well, REALLY rough with my shit so... My friend Joseph has had his Xtend for 6 years never needed a repair... Uses it everyday... Mine looks like it went through world war III....

Also like to comment on "The Burner" by Alec Bradley... Got it a couple months ago and am really pleased/impressed with it. If you're looking for a table lighter it's Definitely one to take a look at!
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

I've got a Lotus triple and a Nibo triple I got for free with a box purchase. I love the lotus, it lights every time and has a big tank. The Nibo isn't bad and lights every time, but I have noticed that the flame can be inconsistent. Hope this helps, but defintitely check out search, there's lots of good threads out there.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

I've got a Blazer that does great. Easy flame adjustment, big fuel tank, mine's clear so I can see exactly how much fuel I have left, and it has a lock so you dont have to hold the button down while your lighting your cigar.
    Yay! Cigars!

Default Thanks Bigwhiteash!

I just baught my first butane torch lighter: Ronson Jet-Lite from Wal-Mart! Thanks for the heads up, I like it! Just as you said: under $3 and works like a charm.

After lighting a bunch of sticks, I am very happy with the Nibo three-flame. Does a great job and is consistent. It does go through fuel pretty fast, but I suppose with three flames it's bound to.

I just got a Z-Plus and put it in a Zippo. Works great so far. I love the looks of Zippos and now it functions like a torch lighter. Can't beat that.

http://www.blazerproducts.com/lighters/zplus.html
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iminspired View Post
    I just baught my first butane torch lighter: Ronson Jet-Lite from Wal-Mart! Thanks for the heads up, I like it! Just as you said: under $3 and works like a charm.

Yep, you can spend 80 bucks if you want, but these damn Ronsons do the job every time for pocket change!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Just a heads up, CVS has these for about 4 bucks!

Rich

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Was in bend yesterday and got myself a couple of ronson Jet lighters. I really like it very much and for the price and quality of the product I am sold! Thanks Bigwhiteash!
    Just another day at the office!

17. Default

sorry to threadjack, but opinions on the best soft flame lighters that wont mess with the flavor of the cigar?

Thread Information