Thread: RP The Edge Maduro

Default RP The Edge Maduro

I had heard numerous accounts of this being one of the stronger cigars on the market. I found it to be full bodied, and a good strength. Nothing out of left field, but decently strong.

Wrapper - Maduro
    Binder - Nicaraguan
    Filler - Secret, according to the website.
    Prelight - Almost floral scent.

First third: An extremely easy draw on this one, that produces a spicy, rich smoke. It has that floral sweetness to it, but is also a bit bitter. (not a bad bitter) The burn is nice and even, and the ash is a nice whiteish gray that holds on for about 1.5" .

Second third: More spice in this third. The smoke coated my mouth with more of the rich spicy flavors that I welcomed in the first third. The bittersweet taste is still there, but not as pronounced. Nose exhale produces a medium burn, with more of the floral scent.

Final third: This cigar finishes strong. A wonderful finish of toast, and tobacco. From start to finish it produced ludicrous amounts of smoke that were flavorful, and relaxing. I don't know if it lives up to all the hype that RP puts on it, but it's a damn good smoke. I would definitely smoke one again, given the chance. Not an every day stick by any means, but something from time to time that I would enjoy.

Personal Rating: 87

~William

Blog Entries

Thanks for the review. I got one of these as a gift once, and really enjoyed it. It went for a long time, and put me down at the end.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Thanks for the review. I haven't had a chance to try one yet but a friend of mine said it knocked him out.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

I had one about 8 months ago that had very little rest, it seemed harsh to me at that time. I think I'll try one of the others I have been letting hang out for a while.
    Believe Dat!

Thread Information