Thread: Hello from me :)

Default Hello from me :)

Hi Folks,

I've casually been looking over the forum for a week or so and thought it only right to sign up and hopefully partake of the conversations that abound in these forums.

I'm a UK cigar smoker who has, with the exception of a couple of Nubs, only smoked Cuban cigars and I'm pretty interested in trying some of the stogies that are popular in the US, which are fairly hard to come by over here as everyone wants to smoke CC and seems to scoff at the thought you might want to try some NC or DC.

I'm partial to Montecristo No4s as well as Partagas D No4's too so if anyone has suggestions for non CC that might be in a similar vein, I'd appreciate being pointed in their direction.

I look forward to chatting with you elsewhere.

Marc

Welcome from Canada, eh
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

Welcome from Colorado.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

Welcome from northwest Louisiana.

Don't know anything about CC's. What exactly do you like about those cigars? Then we may be able to recognize flavor profiles based on your description.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I had to stop for a moment before replying because i was about to write that my preference was for a fuller bodied smoke. I like a smoke that has a nice after-taste that lingers long after the stick is gone.

I've only been smoking hand rolled cigars for a few years regularly so have not become too adept at singling out flavours but for some reason 'coffee' is usually prominent. All that said, at the weekend I had a San Cristobal El Principe and it was a very mellow and 'creamy' smoke which I really enjoyed.

I've had 3 or 4 Nub Habanos and very much enjoyed them. A friend recently had an Opus X (I'm not sure which one) and said he found it a bit too 'floral' but it's on my wishlist anyway as I just love the bands and packaging, and I figure anything presented so well should be a decent smoke. Well, here's hoping :)

Thread Information