Thread: Tubos

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Question Tubos

I have been looking on the boards and have seen info on the tubos that many cigar companies put out. I have tried some of them and to be honest they are always dry! If tubos only protect a cigar for a day or so what is the benefit of having a tubo? Other than for transport in the pocket to protect the cigar are there really any benefits to having them displayed as such. No doubt BOTL we have all seen them out on the store shelves with no humidification. And I guess that is my point, all the ones that I have had were very dry, and not appealing at all. What is you opinion on this? Should cigar companies continue to produce cigars and put them in tubos or is it just a display gimmick? I am curious what you all think about that. Roger
    Just another day at the office!

Blog Entries

An unopened tubo packaged cigar should remain at whatever RH the company packaged it at for quite a while. My guess is that either you or someone else had already opened the tubo prior to the time it was to be smoked. Either that, or you just prefer your cigars wetter than most people.

Thread Information