Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
I am so diggin' it. It's like Mr. C is a bewindtard.
I'm not understanding this. Fun is fun and we are all at times the punch line of joke. Basil I think it's time you took your turn. The only time you ever chime in anymore is when someone is on the gallows. Everyone take a look at one of Basil's first posts.

" Best time to buy?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There may be too many variables involved to answer this very well, but I thought I'd make a stab at getting some opinions here.

Is there an optimum time to buy a particular brand or line?

I'd think that some level of (standardized?) quality control across the industry would see cigars reach a retailer in good condition, but there seem to be many other things that can affect that condition.

Taking into account that tobaccos for premium cigars are often (always?) aged, even so, do factors like company/producer policy, growing season, production year, etc., influence when/if a cigar will be released to retailers at its peak quality for smoking or for a wait in a consumer's humidor?

Restated, supply and demand notwithstanding (if you can find 'em, buy 'em. or not.), are there brands/lines out there you have noticed that are better when acquired at a particular time?

Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
- Tom Robbins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where the hell did you learn to search? Some of these questions are weak at best. This ball bustin shit has ruffled my feathers and IMO this community could be (is) losing some good members because of shit like this. We all have to start somewhere and everyone deserves a little time to learn the ropes and not be lynched on their first mistake.