Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: From Niagara Falls

"Bewindle"... Hmmmm....

Ok - Who was the rat "bewindling" Mr. C? C'mon - out yourself, or we'll do it for you...

...and then - you're in for a good public lynching... ...."bewindling" Mr. C! How could you?!?!

This lack of the word thing makes it tough to track this down, but - doggone it - we'll get to the bottom of it, Mr. C. You have my word on it!

So - do we have anyone that is going to step up and write their dissertation? C'mon - Mr. C needs info! Sounds as though he's desperate - we need to pull the community together and get on this! Mr. C's sick of those doggone Cuban cigars! Can't say as I blame him - those Cuban cigars are truly horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Now that I understand the term I will need to search for some appropriate images, so that I can bewindle individuals properly.
    Hold on now, here's a nice little bewindling term: And another: And this one kinda bewindles, in the right context:

And for the advanced bewindler:

and

Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

or <p> for short!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post

or <p> for short!

Ya big copycat...

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Hold on now, here's a nice little bewindling term: And another: And this one kinda bewindles, in the right context:

And for the advanced bewindler:

and

Excellent - you're pointing me in the right direction, Ted!!!

Okay - so who's the wise guy that been throwing out those bewindle thingies?

I don't see 'em - but Mr. C sure does. And that just ain't right!

C'mon now - I know you're out there. Turn yourself in!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post

or <p> for short!
    HEY!! WAIT ONE DOGGONE MINUTE HERE....
    If I didn't know any better - that's a bewindle!!!

Okay, Ash - is it you Mr. C is referring to? Geez - I hope not... The poor guy just joins and you're already bewindling him??? How could you???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    snip....
    Okay, Ash - is it you Mr. C is referring to? Geez - I hope not... The poor guy just joins and you're already bewindling him??? How could you???
    Alright George, ya got me. I was trying to avoid this but I happen to have strong views about Mr. C.

To begin at the beginning, Mr. C should start developing the parts of his brain that have been impaired by adversarialism. At least then he'll stop trying to envelop us in a nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror. I have absolutely no idea why he makes such a big fuss over having to actually search this site. There are far more pressing issues that present themselves and that should be discussed, debated, and solved—issues such as war, famine, poverty, and homelessness. There is also the lesser issue that Mr. C thinks it's good that his adages oppress, segregate, and punish others. It is difficult to know how to respond to such monumentally misplaced values, but let's try this: He does not tolerate any view that differs from his own. Rather, Mr. C discredits and discards those people who contradict him along with the ideas that they represent.

Mr. C's propositions may not be traditional for a picayunish nymphomaniac, but Mr. C says that he is omnipotent. What balderdash! What impudence! What treachery! Careerism is not merely an attack on our moral fiber. It is also a politically motivated attack on knowledge. All in all, I realize that this post has seemed incredibly bleak. However, expecting the worst from Mr. C means we will never be disappointed. If we're wrong and he does not try to combine the most sordid avarice with the most invincible hatred of the very people who tolerate and enrich him, we'll be relieved. If we're right and he does, we'll be prepared.

Blog Entries

Well I used words in my last post, which really doesn't constitute a proper bewindling.
    Here's a little photo of Mr C, or at least I suspect it is:

Angelina bewindling the shit out of Anne Hathaway

Blog Entries

Moki? is that you?
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Alright George, ya got me. I was trying to avoid this but I happen to have strong views about Mr. C.

To begin at the beginning, Mr. C should start developing the parts of his brain that have been impaired by adversarialism. At least then he'll stop trying to envelop us in a nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror. I have absolutely no idea why he makes such a big fuss over having to actually search this site. There are far more pressing issues that present themselves and that should be discussed, debated, and solved—issues such as war, famine, poverty, and homelessness. There is also the lesser issue that Mr. C thinks it's good that his adages oppress, segregate, and punish others. It is difficult to know how to respond to such monumentally misplaced values, but let's try this: He does not tolerate any view that differs from his own. Rather, Mr. C discredits and discards those people who contradict him along with the ideas that they represent.

Mr. C's propositions may not be traditional for a picayunish nymphomaniac, but Mr. C says that he is omnipotent. What balderdash! What impudence! What treachery! Careerism is not merely an attack on our moral fiber. It is also a politically motivated attack on knowledge. All in all, I realize that this post has seemed incredibly bleak. However, expecting the worst from Mr. C means we will never be disappointed. If we're wrong and he does not try to combine the most sordid avarice with the most invincible hatred of the very people who tolerate and enrich him, we'll be relieved. If we're right and he does, we'll be prepared.
    I am so diggin' it. It's like Mr. C is a bewindtard.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

HO:Y CRAP...am I glad I apologized when I got stupid...don't know if I could handle this type of abuse from anyone beside my mother in-law
    You guys are merciless...I LOVE IT

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I am so diggin' it. It's like Mr. C is a bewindtard.
    I'm not understanding this. Fun is fun and we are all at times the punch line of joke. Basil I think it's time you took your turn. The only time you ever chime in anymore is when someone is on the gallows. Everyone take a look at one of Basil's first posts.

" Best time to buy?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There may be too many variables involved to answer this very well, but I thought I'd make a stab at getting some opinions here.

Is there an optimum time to buy a particular brand or line?

I'd think that some level of (standardized?) quality control across the industry would see cigars reach a retailer in good condition, but there seem to be many other things that can affect that condition.

Taking into account that tobaccos for premium cigars are often (always?) aged, even so, do factors like company/producer policy, growing season, production year, etc., influence when/if a cigar will be released to retailers at its peak quality for smoking or for a wait in a consumer's humidor?

Restated, supply and demand notwithstanding (if you can find 'em, buy 'em. or not.), are there brands/lines out there you have noticed that are better when acquired at a particular time?

- Tom Robbins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Where the hell did you learn to search? Some of these questions are weak at best. This ball bustin shit has ruffled my feathers and IMO this community could be (is) losing some good members because of shit like this. We all have to start somewhere and everyone deserves a little time to learn the ropes and not be lynched on their first mistake.

Blog Entries

Can't say that I could disagree more with you DeeDub, but I respect your right to your opinion and consider you a friend. It is not an opinion that isn't expressed from time to time by one member or another, for one reason or another. Why are you choosing this thread to call basil out?

I must be missing something in this case, since I could have sworn I saw you posting in this thread earlier, which would lead me to ask why you would do such a thing if it is so objectionable to you.

The "losing good members" line is, tiresome. Just who are these good, solid, contributing members that we are losing?

I haven't noticed any myself, but what I have noticed is an influx of new members, jumping into all activities of the board like they have been here forever....ramping up post counts to participate in PIF's, wanting in splits, trades, etc.....and, quite frankly I think we have been quite goddamn relaxed about it. Some of the comments made lately would have gotten much worse in days gone by.

Blog Entries

I love ya Deebubya and I do respect your say here on the board but I totally agree with ashauler on this one. I think Basil is getting shit all over in another thread as we speak by a hand full of New members. Real nice....also in 8-2005 I wonder what was the norm here? Just my two cents.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Can't say that I could disagree more with you DeeDub, but I respect your right to your opinion and consider you a friend. It is not an opinion that isn't expressed from time to time by one member or another, for one reason or another. Why are you choosing this thread to call basil out?

I wouldn't expect you to agree with me because it was to your post that Basil replyed.

I must be missing something in this case, since I could have sworn I saw you posting in this thread earlier, which would lead me to ask why you would do such a thing if it is so objectionable to you.

Nope, I joined in on "bewindled" part (funny) not bashing Mr. C.

The "losing good members" line is, tiresome. Just who are these good, solid, contributing members that we are losing?

My point exactly, how would we ever know?

I haven't noticed any myself, but what I have noticed is an influx of new members, jumping into all activities of the board like they have been here forever....ramping up post counts to participate in PIF's, wanting in splits, trades, etc.....and, quite frankly I think we have been quite goddamn relaxed about it. Some of the comments made lately would have gotten much worse in days gone by.
    I agree with part of this. The activity on this board is extremely limited compared to some. Some of my favorite automotive boards may have 20 moderators. But, they don't have the interactions like CS, only chat. The part I agree with is that a modest level of accountability should (must) be maintained. How can you know until someone is given a chance to participate? I've taken this chance on this board and have been screwed twice. One was your Pryme exchange. Not your fault though, you followed through most respectfully. I enjoy the board and all the members.
    I don't know, something about how Basil said: I am so diggin' it. It's like Mr. C is a bewindtard.
    Basil doesn't know this person and neither do I. So that's why I called Basil out.
    Last edited by DeeDubya; 08-06-2009 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    I love ya Deebubya and I do respect your say here on the board but I totally agree with ashauler on this one. I think Basil is getting shit all over in another thread as we speak by a hand full of New members. Real nice....also in 8-2005 I wonder what was the norm here? Just my two cents.
    Well, you know (you wouldn't know) if you piss in the wind you're gonna get peed on.

Dennis, I gotta say I'm more than a little surprised by this. Not by your calling me out - I really don't know you that well - but rather at the dishonesty you've obviously feel compelled to use to bolster an argument that otherwise couldn't stand on it's own. A simple check on my last 25 posts reveals a 4:1 ratio of regular/positive/normal posts to, as you imply, lynching ones. Unless, that is, you count the ones in Chris' birthday thread as negative. I can assure you though that I have nothing but respect for Chris and that they were done in good fun, which I'd think would be obvious to anyone with a sense of humor. Speaking of which, your "fun is fun" is a bit confusing; you seem to've lost yours.

On to your, ah, research of my earlier posts. I come from an ag background - you and I have talked about living in central Texas before; that's where I'm from - and at the time the questions seemed interesting to me. I did search the forum and the entire net at the time and while there was no info here, I learned a few things; e.g, a university in the US, I think TX A&M, has a relationship with Cuba in their ag department that seems to operate, in very productive terms, outside the more commonly known political restraints with that country. Maybe boring to some, you for instance, but I found it interesting.

If you want something really juicy, Dennis, you should search "Cubans" in posts under "basil". It'll take you to '05 when I was new on the board and really got my nuts raked over the coals. Afterward I made amends as best I could because there was something about this forum and the members here that appealed to me. I've talked about it here before and terms like integrity, honesty, and accountability come to mind that described the general attitude of a lot of the guys who'd been here awhile. I think this is one of the things they meant when they refer to someone "getting it". Maybe you don't. At any rate, it's something I still want to be a part of and if pissing in someone's post toasties every once in while helps to sort out decent folks from 30-post wonders with a sense of entitlement and a need to change things to their liking (read: trolls), then you can bet your ass I'll volunteer for the gallows crew every fucking time.

I'm not going to stoop to your cartoon "fuck you" or your bullshit compulsion to call me out. If "calling me out" means that you need for me to account for myself, then I think I have above - you've gotten what you want. Obviously it means I've offended you in some way, and for that, I apologize to you and you only. I don't know what the bug up your ass is, but I will say you need to back the fuck off. I don't want a pissing match with you and I'm sure you have better things to do with your time on this board.

ETA: The bewindtard was in fun, like whatever you'd "contributed" to this thread earlier. What I find interesting is how you imply that Jamie has an agenda of self-interest when you follow this line:

"Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Can't say that I could disagree more with you DeeDub, but I respect your right to your opinion and consider you a friend. It is not an opinion that isn't expressed from time to time by one member or another, for one reason or another. Why are you choosing this thread to call basil out?"

with this:

I wouldn't expect you to agree with me because it was to your post that Basil replyed.

Dennis, it seems that you have more than one way to say "fuck you".
    Last edited by basil; 08-06-2009 at 10:58 PM.
    - Tom Robbins

Yes I did look back at some of your early posts and they are all too similar to many of the newbies posts today. Everyone has to mature and learn and ask stupid questions along the way. One thing that I have learned by discernment of this paragraph:

I'm not going to stoop to your cartoon "fuck you" or your bullshit compulsion to call me out. If "calling me out" means that you need for me to account for myself, then I think I have above - you've gotten what you want. Obviously it means I've offended you in some way, and for that, I apologize to you and you only. I don't know what the bug up your ass is, but I will say you need to back the fuck off. I don't want a pissing match with you and I'm sure you have better things to do with your time on this board.
    Is that (my best guess here)
    There are several siblings in your family and you are the runt.
    You would understand being from an ag background what a runt is?
    I wouldn't be surprised if you drive a F250 Superduty with 4" exhaust and have the
    seat as high as it will go.
    Now I don't know if you're hearing all of this (maybe drilling mud in you ears) but this is all in fun and I can take it or leave it. But some newcomers to the board don't yet understand your shortcomings (get it - short) and might be offended. So go easy on them.

Oh and also, Jamie can speak for himself. I think he would want that.
    Last edited by DeeDubya; 08-06-2009 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Why not

lol. More lying, Dennis - never realized it before, but I seriously doubt if you can "take it or leave it". I'm sure Jamie can speak for himself, and will if he wants too. I'm just speaking for myself - an observation of some ugliness I hadn't noticed before. Must've struck a chord. Besides my shortcomings, the newbs probably won't find much humor in your habit of talking out of both sides of your mouth. But hell, you've gotten away with it this long - they probably won't even notice it. You make me think of the Marlon Brando character in Missouri Breaks.

But you're right about one thing - this is fun.
    - Tom Robbins

Thread Information