Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: From Niagara Falls

On this forum since June... Yes.

I didn't know it was such a hard question.

ANyways, I will just navigate to this link ... http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t9657-favorite-smokes.html
    Last edited by ChristopherS; 08-05-2009 at 05:03 AM.
    Niagara Falls Baby

Blog Entries

...cinda wonders if he done digging his hole or does he have more for us.....
    Last edited by cinda; 08-05-2009 at 05:48 AM. Reason: spelling

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Have you tried the newbie sampler yet? Its a great way to try a variety of smokes and get a trade under your belt at the same time.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherS View Post
    On this forum since June... Yes.

I didn't know it was such a hard question.

ANyways, I will just navigate to this link ... http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t9657-favorite-smokes.html
    Ya know, what's hard for me is understanding how, exactly, you think being a smart-ass is going to help your cause.

This place is filled with opinions on cigars, both good and bad, most likely because this is a forum devoted to cigars and the discussion of them. It is also filled with a large number of friends and brothers who have made many posts over their time here intended to help others, if you are too lazy to look around and take advantage of that, that's your problem.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FactoredReality View Post
    Have you tried the newbie sampler yet? Its a great way to try a variety of smokes and get a trade under your belt at the same time.

Read more, post less!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Yeh you got me. But when I checked the list he wasn't listed as completed.

Canadian Sponsors
    Newfie (Canada) -- Complete with b_kim777;
    Newfie (Canada) -- Complete with davearob
    Newfie (Canada) -- Complete with smokntaz
    drew_goring (Canada) -- Complete with craig
    craig --- Completed with eproven
    drew_goring----Now Up
    craig --- On deck
    Newfie---on the steps
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FactoredReality View Post
    Yeh you got me. But when I checked the list he wasn't listed as completed.
    I haven't had any further comm with either him or Andrew regarding the trade, so it's not listed as either "in progress" or "completed", because I can't verify that it is indeed either one of those.

Ok - so - well... What the heck was I thinking... I'm so sorry Mr. Christopher if I've offended you.

To make it up to you - How about I propose that we have every one of our active members write a 15 page dissertation about our likes/dislikes - and then have someone within our crew distill that into a readable format for your edification? Perhaps an Executive Summary of sorts - on Cigars ??? ...and then once we've completed that novella, perhaps we should get to work on a distillation of our various sources to purchase cigars (i.e. pros/cons, ordered from cheapest to most expensive, etc.) for you?

I'm sure that would reduce the amount time you would need to invest in absorbing the experiences our community members have gained. But it certainly places a pretty taxing situation on our community members. Not that we're no willing to do it. But - I'm thinking it has to be under the right set of circumstances for the right person.

Let me see if our most prolific member Stepan Fetchit is available to help out...

Seriously - at the present time it does not appear that you have the patience or the capacity to invest what you need to invest to make this community a better place.

Now prove me wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Ok - so - well... What the heck was I thinking... I'm so sorry Mr. Christopher if I've offended you.

To make it up to you - How about I propose that we have every one of our active members write a 15 page dissertation about our likes/dislikes - and then have someone within our crew distill that into a readable format for your edification? Perhaps an Executive Summary of sorts - on Cigars ??? ...and then once we've completed that novella, perhaps we should get to work on a distillation of our various sources to purchase cigars (i.e. pros/cons, ordered from cheapest to most expensive, etc.) for you?

I'm sure that would reduce the amount time you would need to invest in absorbing the experiences our community members have gained. But it certainly places a pretty taxing situation on our community members. Not that we're no willing to do it. But - I'm thinking it has to be under the right set of circumstances for the right person.

Let me see if our most prolific member Stepan Fetchit is available to help out...

Seriously - at the present time it does not appear that you have the patience or the capacity to invest what you need to invest to make this community a better place.

Now prove me wrong...

Damn, I thought I was finished writing papers since graduating from college. Will this be graded?
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Quote Originally Posted by TravPSU View Post
    Damn, I thought I was finished writing papers since graduating from college. Will this be graded?
    Ask Mr. Christopher - he has the final say on that...

However, based upon his demonstrated impatience I'd say you better write a DAMN good paper. He has high expectations, and little tolerance for excuses...

...although I think the person who will most beat up in this project will be Stepan Fetchit.

Default heheheehehe

Too funny, anyways to respond to the question concerning the Sampler from FactoredReality, I have contacted drew_goring and he is up north right now and when he gets back, he will help me out. (post 12)

I thought this was a forum to discuss cigars and help people with cigar related questions, not to bewindle them. I didn't know this would go on and on! It is kind of embarrasing.
    Anyways, I don't take offense to anything said, nor am I trying to be a smart ass ashauler. As one can read, we may have a few those here all ready! I have looked around and there is a comment about every cigar. The search engine works not too bad. I merely was asking about certain cigars that I had in my post. When told "Go find the info out yourself", I find that a bit rude. I had all ready stated in my post that I have looked all over! (post 16)

Cheers
    Last edited by ChristopherS; 08-05-2009 at 04:08 PM.
    Niagara Falls Baby

Blog Entries

ummm... you really haven't seen ggiese even BEGIN to go on and on....

And when he does, he's one of the all time best judges of character in the entire online cigar community. Step Carefully!

Try every cigar that crosses your path. that's the only answer to the question you posted.

One mans dog-rocket is another mans Opus.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    ummm... you really haven't seen ggiese even BEGIN to go on and on....

And when he does, he's one of the all time best judges of character in the entire online cigar community. Step Carefully!

Try every cigar that crosses your path. that's the only answer to the question you posted.

One mans dog-rocket is another mans Opus.
    Thanks bigwhiteash. I have pretty much come to the same conclusion! On trying every cigar that is.
    As for Mr. Ggiese, I am sure his intentions are good!
    Last edited by ChristopherS; 08-05-2009 at 03:55 PM.
    Niagara Falls Baby

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post

Now prove me wrong...

OOhh OOHH....can you send me a copy of this list???????

Christopher...take it from another newbie, these guys are great here, but they will also call you out for all things you do wrong...take it with a grain of salt and don't bite back (they don't know your humor). once they get to know you are not an asshat they will be more than willing to help.
    one more peice of freindly advice.....if you do wrong, or become defensive.....APOLOGIZE...it will go a long way...trust me.

Look, a wise man once told me:
    There are three kinds of cigars.
    The ones you like, the ones you don't and the ones you haven't tried yet.
    It really is that simple.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Blog Entries

Too funny, anyways to respond to the question concerning the Sampler from FactoredReality, I have contacted drew_goring and he is up north right now and when he gets back, he will help me out. (post 12)

I thought this was a forum to discuss cigars and help people with cigar related questions, not to bewindle them. I didn't know this would go on and on! It is kind of embarrasing.
    Anyways, I don't take offense to anything said, nor am I trying to be a smart ass ashauler. As one can read, we may have a few those here all ready! I have looked around and there is a comment about every cigar. The search engine works not too bad. I merely was asking about certain cigars that I had in my post. When told "Go find the info out yourself", I find that a bit rude. I had all ready stated in my post that I have looked all over! (post 16)

Cheers
    What does bewindle mean?

Blog Entries

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    What does bewindle mean?
    I see you're all ready to be a smart ass. Way to go.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Urban Dictionary

bewindle 2 thumbs down
    To make some one feel less of a person without using words.
    To attack their self esteem without words.

¬.¬
    I feel bewindle'd. Not freaking belittled either.

That look killed me. I felt so bewindled. NO FOOL, NOT BELITTLED. Yea so what.. I should of stayed in school. I'll just make that word up myself and put it in the Urban Dictionary! SO THERE.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
    Urban Dictionary

bewindle 2 thumbs down
    To make some one feel less of a person without using words.
    To attack their self esteem without words.

¬.¬
    I feel bewindle'd. Not freaking belittled either.

That look killed me. I felt so bewindled. NO FOOL, NOT BELITTLED. Yea so what.. I should of stayed in school. I'll just make that word up myself and put it in the Urban Dictionary! SO THERE.
    O.k., so I guess I could never bewindle someone, since most all of my posts contain actual words found in any standard English dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale
    I see you're all ready to be a smart ass. Way to go.

Will
    Not me, I was genuinely curious as to the definition of bewindle, as I had never heard the term before.

Now that I understand the term I will need to search for some appropriate images, so that I can bewindle individuals properly.

Now that I understand the term I will need to search for some appropriate images, so that I can bewindle individuals properly. [/QUOTE]

If it's anything like "Mooning" I can help you out. That should get the message across.

Thread Information