Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
I agree with part of this. The activity on this board is extremely limited compared to some. Some of my favorite automotive boards may have 20 moderators. But, they don't have the interactions like CS, only chat. The part I agree with is that a modest level of accountability should (must) be maintained. How can you know until someone is given a chance to participate? I've taken this chance on this board and have been screwed twice. One was your Pryme exchange. Not your fault though, you followed through most respectfully. I enjoy the board and all the members.
I don't know, something about how Basil said: I am so diggin' it. It's like Mr. C is a bewindtard.
Basil doesn't know this person and neither do I. So that's why I called Basil out.
O.K., I'm glad to see that you're not accusing me of being a thief/bad-trader/scumbag as well as a newbie basher any longer, thanks for editing the post. I'll also stand by any/all of my posts on this board. Even the newbie ones where I look pretty stupid and get batted around a bit. You're right, everybody has to learn.

I'll also stand by my treatment of newbies. I have helped more than one, in more ways than one. Just because you, and others, don't see some of that in public posts doesn't mean it isn't, and hasn't, happened. BTW, I've been maintaining the newb sampler thread for over a year......and I have yet to hear of a dissatisfied or neglected newb.

You have, imo, embarked on a crusade that is unnecessary and misguided. And, since you chose this thread as your kick-off point, here is my synopsis of what occurred here:
1. newb joins
2. newb gets warmly welcomed
3. newb asks a blanket "recommendation" question
4. newb is gently nudged to search around at past posts, i.e. other members posts/reviews/discussions to see what he could glean from them.
5. newb makes a poorly thought out post, smarting off to ggiese
6. newb makes another post that says, in essence, that he can't take the time read the posts on this board, which would take him nearly a month. You know, those pesky worthless reviews and stuff that contributing members such as yourself have taken the time and effort to post over the years.
7. from here we get bewindled and, quite frankly, for me it ceased to be about Mr C so much at that point, and became fun. My long-ass post to MrC, for example, is so full of absurdities and irrelevant mumbo-jumbo as to be ludicrous, i.e over-the-top funny, at least to me.

At this point, it appears that you are attempting to defend all things newblet by engaging in nasty, direct personal attacks on me and basil. The exact behavior you object to when directed at newbies is, when used against established members by you, entirely acceptable. An oft repeated, but still unacceptable, tactic, and one I would have never expected to be authored by you.