Thread: Saw the edge, walked right off anyways

Default Saw the edge, walked right off anyways

I took the plunge. Out of the blue I went to cigarbid.com and was browsing around. Came across some Augusto Reyes Nativo Robusto and bought a box. Don't know why, really. I guess they looked good and like some of the reviews they got. Here's hoping I don't end up with some dog rockets.

Someone please reassure me that I didn't buy crap.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Blog Entries

I haven't had them yet, but I like the bold move. Typically, I buy a few sticks of something I want to try and then if I like them I might buy a box.

I hope it works out and you enjoy them!
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

I'll do that a lot myself... especially if the price is right.

I think to myself...how bad can they be?
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by denver24 View Post
    I haven't had them yet, but I like the bold move. Typically, I buy a few sticks of something I want to try and then if I like them I might buy a box.

I hope it works out and you enjoy them!
    Yeah, me too. That's what I've been doing lately but I feel like I'm pussy-footing around so I just did it. I guess I'm too impatient to buy a stick, wait for it to arrive, smoke it, then if I like it find a deal on a box and then wait for them to arrive.

BTW, I love the terms that you guys use for cigars. Dog rockets... priceless.

Expensive cigars that have been drastically reduced in price lately. Who knows you might have found a sleeper. Enjoy them.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=TravPSU;133553]That's what I've been doing lately but I feel like I'm pussy-footing around so I just did it. QUOTE]

You sound like the type to jump out of a perfectly good airplane and call it skydiving!
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    I'll do that a lot myself... especially if the price is right.

I think to myself...how bad can they be?
    I think Cremosa.....then shudder and pass.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Who knows what the cigars will like, I would like to buy a box at a good deal like anyone else, but I always wonder what is it that prompts the lower prices? Is it too much stock? Cigars that got neglected some how and are not kept properly? Or is it an item that is unpopular, so they want to unload them? I don't know which. It would be nice if there was a place that you can get dependable reviews of cigars. But then again the subjectivity of likes and dislikes always comes into play. If nothing else you can use the cigars for those who want to mooch em off you. Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

[QUOTE=denver24;133559]
    Quote Originally Posted by TravPSU View Post
    That's what I've been doing lately but I feel like I'm pussy-footing around so I just did it. QUOTE]

You sound like the type to jump out of a perfectly good airplane and call it skydiving!
    Can't say that I would want to do that, but then again I'm not saying I never would.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Who knows what the cigars will like, I would like to buy a box at a good deal like anyone else, but I always wonder what is it that prompts the lower prices? Is it too much stock? Cigars that got neglected some how and are not kept properly? Or is it an item that is unpopular, so they want to unload them? I don't know which. It would be nice if there was a place that you can get dependable reviews of cigars. But then again the subjectivity of likes and dislikes always comes into play. If nothing else you can use the cigars for those who want to mooch em off you. Roger.
    I did search on this site and didn't find much in the way of reviews. Maybe this will be a good way for me to write my first review.

I did search on this site and didn't find much in the way of reviews. Maybe this will be a good way for me to write my first review.
    You know what would be great...an initial review as well as a updates as to how they taste and burn as you age them...If your game for this the conditions that you like to store your cigars in would be great too.

- Andrew

What a great day. I had 3 purchases from cigarbid.com show up as well as my newbie sampler! I went from having 5 cigars to my name to over 40!

The Augusto Reyes' were among the packages. They look delicious. I'll try taking a picture and posting it in a bit. I'm not sure how good these things are or if they are that popular, but I was thinking of maybe having a contest to give some away to give others a chance to try them (since I got a great deal on them). Let me know if that sounds like a good idea.

And no, I'm not going to make a post and upload pictures for every box I purchase. This was just a special occasion because it's my first box purchase.

Blog Entries

And no, I'm not going to make a post and upload pictures for every box I purchase. This was just a special occasion because it's my first box purchase.
    We love pictures here, really.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Looks like a fine cigar to me! Enjoy!
    Just another day at the office!

My mother always told me "sharing mean caring"

Enjoy them and let us know what you think!

-Andrew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    We love pictures here, really.

Will
    Links to videos are widely enjoyed here as well, as long as you don't put any annoying text in the post.

Blog Entries

Congrats on your first box purchase!
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

I went ahead and smoked one. Here is my review.

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...865#post133865

I'm definitely thinking about doing a contest to give some of these away.

Thread Information