Thread: HDMI Cable

1. Default HDMI Cable

Anybody have a 6 ft one they want to trade for a couple cigars. I can get a cheapie on monoprice.com but thought I would ask here . LMk your price in cigars

Kevin
    The older I get ,the better I was

Kevin,

Don't go cheap-cheap on he HDMI cable - I've found that when you least expect it the cheapie cable will give you huge headaches. It's much better to pay the extra and get the good one (i.e. - $60+).

I wish I could help you out - I don't have a spare laying around - sorry.

Blog Entries

Wish I could help ya bro... all I have laying around is a DVI - HDMI cable.

On a side note, the last one I bought I had help from a friend who works at Best Buy. Employee discount is 10% over cost.

6' Monster Cable, I forget the model number, but retail price was $149.00!

I paid $48.00.

The markup on them is incredible.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Kevin is actually right to go cheap with HDMI cables (check out consumer reports, avs forums, gizmodo, etc...). Monoprice is THE source for any A/V cable needs for sure, (high quality, low price). The way digital signals work there's no such thing as degradation, so really, as long as there is current there is full signal. But, I like the idea of trading for cigars. Unfortunately, I only have as many HDMI cables to as I need.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Yeah you can't go cheap on them, I'm an IT guy and had one fail on me. I hated to replace it because of cost, but this really is one of those "you get what you pay for" items.

If I had an extra I'd send it.

Blog Entries

I got my 3 HDMI cables and my optical sound cable from Monoprice. I haven't had one fail on my yet. I actually have an extra one, but I keep it around in case one fails..

If one fails, so what, by another $6 mono price cable. I for one can't tell the difference.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Ahh, thats why. I used to run my video and audio through the HDMI until I switched to optical. I don't worry as much now and don't have all the problems I used to have.

But then again, I put my stuff together and take it apart weekly as I have an outdoor viewing area and we do "Movie Night" here on my FOB on a regular basis.

-K

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    Kevin is actually right to go cheap with HDMI cables (check out consumer reports, avs forums, gizmodo, etc...). Monoprice is THE source for any A/V cable needs for sure, (high quality, low price). The way digital signals work there's no such thing as degradation, so really, as long as there is current there is full signal. But, I like the idea of trading for cigars. Unfortunately, I only have as many HDMI cables to as I need.
    The AT&T guy set up my digital cable with HD. He tried 3 different cheapie HDMI cables and could not get ONE to give me a consistently good signal. He told me he's had that issue quite a bit with some of the more "finicky" HD TV's (I have a Sony Bravia). He finally hooked me up with a Component cable, which worked reasonably well. I went out and paid the $60 for a quality HDMI cable. I've not had an issue since, and the picture is markedly better...

9. Default

PM sent
    "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something" - Plato

Thread Information