Thread: Augusto Reyes Nativo Robusto

Default Augusto Reyes Nativo Robusto

(This is my first review so go easy on me.)

Date/Time: 07-17-09 4:10pm
    Conditions: 65º 67% RH, right after it rained

(From CigarAficionado.com http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar...45,461,00.html )
    RING GAUGE: 50
    LENGTH: 5"
    FILLER: Dom. Rep.
    BINDER: Dom. Rep.
    WRAPPER: Dom. Rep.
    Rating: 89

Pre-light: Light draw. Sweet taste. Slightly bitter wrapper (this went away as I smoked).

First 1/3: Thick smoke. Very complex, I couldn't narrow down the flavors at first. It was sweet, slightly leathery. After taste was peppery. Small amount of chocolate at first but changed to nutty. Layered ash with a brown hue to it.

Second 1/3: Flavor mellowed out. Creamy and nutty. Almost an almond taste. Very good. Started to burn uneven. I had to touch it up, which is when I lost the ash. Was about 2.5".

Last 1/3: Still creamy and nutty. Started to get a peppery after taste. Still uneven burn, had to touch it up a few times.

At the end it was burning warm and I was getting hungry so I stopped there. Was about an hour and twenty minutes.

Overall it was a good cigar. Would have been a very good cigar if I wouldn't have had so many problems with it burning even. I really lucked out with this purchase on cigarbid considering I bought it without ever trying them before.

Note that I did not taste the orange peel flavor that was described on CigarAficionado.com. Didn't really taste the wheat, either.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Blog Entries

Nice review!

I've heard "orange peel" described in some of the reviews I've read, and then worked up myself. Can't say I have detected it yet. However, I'm still cultivating my palate.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Great first review!
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Nice review!

I've heard "orange peel" described in some of the reviews I've read, and then worked up myself. Can't say I have detected it yet. However, I'm still cultivating my palate.

Will
    I'm not going to lie, I modeled my review after your's, hope you don't mind. I really enjoy reading your reviews.

Thanks for the encouraging words, everyone.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Blog Entries

Nice review. Your burn issues could be related to the fact that you just got these......let them settle in your humi for a couple of weeks and give them another shot once they have stabilized at your preferred rh%. Then again, it could be a construction issue, only time will tell.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

nice review. Never heard of the orange flavor or the wheat flavor. Wheat flavor? I think that would be a hard one to "taste" anyway. LOL More chances to pick up the hint of orange IMO. Nice review, kinda like Will's, but that's alright, because I enjoy his reviews too. Nice one! Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

Blog Entries

Nice clean finger nails! Keep up the good work.

Thread Information