View Poll Results: Is PuroBrat a mooch...

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, most definitely - he's the mooch of the highest order!

18 66.67%
  • No, I think he's grossly misunderstood

2 7.41%
  • I'm not sure. It's really hard to tell either way.

7 25.93%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is PuroBrat a mooch?

Default Is PuroBrat a mooch?

Scotty, the pseudo-mod, got his panties all in a bunch and pointed out that making comments about PuroBrat's obvious mooch attempts is innappropriate anywhere on the board except here. I don't know how we're going to tip-toe around the other threads, with Puro being so active in his subtle mooches, but I guess this is a start to satisfy ol' Scotty....

So - by Scotty's request - what do you think - is PuroBrat a mooch???

I am NOT a mooch!!!

it seems he is trying to be. but he only can be if someone gives him cigars. someone should not be pittied who, in so many words, asked to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 8-5-8
    I'm gonna say this in my box split thread so hopefully the entire board doesn't see me being an asshole. Now for the past week, I've been doing my best to ignore the preexisting situation between you and some ot the other board members which has apparently spilled over from other boards. But, I while doing my best to not let CC and the others' opinions of you influence mine, I have myself noticed quite a bit of subtle self pity in most of you postings here. For example, if you can't afford to get in on our box split that is likely happening within a week or so, why litter the thread with non-constructive banter about your financial situation. Your suggestion about Rare Corojo was appropriate and appreciated in it's context to the discussion at hand, but the second remark was inappropriate and entirely uncalled for. I'm sorry if you have issues with finances at current. I assure you we all have our own problems (being on the verge of divorce myself) and honestly I don't really give a shit about your issues. I have seen you mention no less than twice that you are on disability... good for you. I'm paying my fathers rent and bills because he's been waiting 7 years for SSI to approve the VA's request for his disability. You don't hear me bitching and moaning about it all over the board, because it's irrelavent and inappropiate to do so on a CIGAR board.

Sorry to rant, but , I've had about e- -nough.
    I deleted the above post from my Box-Split Request thread in order to take this discussion to the proper forum. At this point I don't care if ppl think I'm rude. I've had enough of listening to puro's invites to his pity party. I come here to escape the tradgedies of my own life and discuss my love for cigars with like minded people... call it stress-relief, if you will. Listening to you drone on and on about how tight money is and so on and so forth really stresses me out. I can't enjoy coming here and having discussions if 98% of your posts have some subtle hint that your life is bad.

Grow up or piss off.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 8-5-8
    I deleted the above post from my Box-Split Request thread in order to take this discussion to the proper forum. At this point I don't care if ppl think I'm rude. I've had enough of listening to puro's invites to his pity party. I come here to escape the tradgedies of my own life and discuss my love for cigars with like minded people... call it stress-relief, if you will. Listening to you drone on and on about how tight money is and so on and so forth really stresses me out. I can't enjoy coming here and having discussions if 98% of your posts have some subtle hint that your life is bad.

Grow up or piss off.
    I agree with you 8-5-8. Unfortunately, the Purobrat you are refering to is only using that name to make me look bad. I am the Purobrat from the other cigar boards, and I have been given the rep of a mooch. So whoever is Purobrat here has decided to step it up a notch and really be a mooch. I guess I wasn't mooching enough elsewhere for them to keep convincing others that I WAS a mooch.

Trust me, I am not all that Pathetic.

hex, we need the IP police

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    I agree, whoever is posting here as Purobrat is probably posting as themself as well. I would compare IPs if I had access and out the .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    For what?

Were some kind of copyright laws violated?

I do remember that in the user agreement that Hex CANNOT disclose other member's IP addresses to anyone else. If he does that, he's in trouble.

Posts under "PuroBrat" sure look like the real thing to me. As a matter of fact, they are almost if not identical to his posts on other boards.

I wonder if "TheRealPurobrat" is not the "imposter" or are they BOTH really PuroBrat? Are NEITHER of them really the REAL Purobrat.

Does any of this matter anyway?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RealPurobrat
    I agree, whoever is posting here as Purobrat is probably posting as themself as well. I would compare IPs if I had access and out the .
    LMAO "out" the person? For doing WHAT exactly? Please tell me how any laws or rules of the board were violated?

I think "PuorBrat" is really YOU Michael and you were turning out to be very unpopular here so now you've started this alterego of yours just to make the "good guys" look bad.

You are pathetic (I don't even know who I'm talking to here)
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

It matters because regardless of whether there is an imposter, This whole situation has had a negative effect on the board. I finally found someplace I felt like there where people that KNEW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT, as opposed to looking at me like I'm speaking gibberish when I tell them that I'm smoking a Honduran blend with a sumatran wrapper. I'm here a week and the Purobrats show up and wreck the place with hokey tributes, Garth Brooks lyrics, and the ongoing pity party. Honestly if this goes on another week I don't think I can handle it...
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

11. Default

No Bill, no laws were broken, but somebody is trying to make me look worse. And in case you haven't noticed, I look bad enough on the boards on my own. I don't need any help.

I assure you, the Purobrat that has been posting here, is not the Purobrat you have come to know and dislike, I am.

Blog Entries

No Bill, no laws were broken, but somebody is trying to make me look worse. And in case you haven't noticed, I look bad enough on the boards on my own. I don't need any help.

I assure you, the Purobrat that has been posting here, is not the Purobrat you have come to know and dislike, I am.
    No one is "trying to make you look worse" as you so eloquently pointed out, you do a fine job of that all on your own.

As I've posted in other thread, why are you bitching about it if the words are your own to begin with?

I still think both screen names are yours and once you saw your ship sinking here you decided to come up with this crazy concoction that someone was pretending to be you.

This isn't "The Island of the Misfit Toys" here Puro so why not take both of your screen names then hell on back to the Island and bring your biatch Scroto with you. The only reason Scroto is here is because another one of you assfocker from "The Island" (Oblik) was here and when I found him here, I started pointing out to members here that he is a nasty, untrustworthy blowhard who does not live up to his obligations. So Blodick (Oblik, whatever) goes crying to you Island guys and Scroto comes over here to his rescue. Then YOU sign up but don't post which I thought was strange. Scroto "stands up" for Blodick but in only a matter of a few weeks, all of a sudden Scrotto does a 180 on Oblick and calls for his moderator status to be taken away from him.

You Island guys are laughable Again, please do us all a favor here at CigarSmokers and just leave. It would be much appreciated.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

I agree with you 8-5-8. Unfortunately, the Purobrat you are refering to is only using that name to make me look bad. I am the Purobrat from the other cigar boards, and I have been given the rep of a mooch. So whoever is Purobrat here has decided to step it up a notch and really be a mooch. I guess I wasn't mooching enough elsewhere for them to keep convincing others that I WAS a mooch.

Trust me, I am not all that Pathetic.
    Are you saying the words written on this board are not of your own hand, PuroBrat?

Is this you? Or did someone create a PuroBrat persona there as well....

PuroBrat introduces himself

(take it a step further and please read his profile - read his "occupation" )
    Last edited by ggiese; 06-27-2005 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Insert PuroBrat hyperlink

14. Default

It is true that a LOT of the posts here by Purobrat were copied from posts I made elsewhere. But they have been taken out of context, and they have been Mooch embelished. They were NOT posted here by me, rather someone pretending to be me.

What a freakin' mess. CC may be right, I should just stay at the Island and let this alone.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Are you saying the words written on this board are not of your own hand, PuroBrat?

Is this you? Or did someone create a PuroBrat persona there as well....

PuroBrat introduces himself
    Yes, that one IS me, unfortunately that site died. Haven't been there in ages. Too bad too, there just aren't enough Cigar Boards on the net, don't you think?

Interesting.... 5 months is not "ages" to me...
    Last edited by ggiese; 06-27-2005 at 12:50 PM.

17. Default

The way I view things is...If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it is a duck.

Blog Entries

Yes, that one IS me, unfortunately that site died. Haven't been there in ages. Too bad too, there just aren't enough Cigar Boards on the net, don't you think?
    "Ages" LMFAO, I love that one PB So you think there aren't enough cigar boards on the net, huh? Is that because you're persona non-grata at just about all of them at this point?

So that IS INDEED you on that other site!!! You bitch about your posts here being "mooch enhanced" but the posts and information that you actually own up to on that other site are MORE of a direct, blatant attempt at mooching than pretty much anything that is posted here under both of your screen names.

You are absolutely incredible.

As CigarSarge said.........

QUACK QUACK

Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-27-2005 at 01:00 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    "Ages" LMFAO, I love that one PB So you think there aren't enough cigar boards on the net, huh? Is that because you're persona non-grata at just about all of them at this point?
    It was a joke CC, just a simple little joke.

It was a joke CC, just a simple little joke.
    Ok, maybe I'm naive - what was the joke??? Can someone please explain it to me??? I must have missed something....

Thread Information